Franziskaner Hefe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franziskaner Hefe

Can someone tell me the proper tempurature and co2 pressure for the Franziskaner Hefe?

Thanks,
    Stefan

If this is an imported hefe you will possibly require very high pressure to compensate for the high carbonation level due to the secondary fermentation that takes place during the boat ride.

As to temperature, what ever turns you on. The warmer the temperature you desire to dispense it at the higher the pressure will have to be. It is not unusual to dispense imported hefe at 28 PSIG or higher.

Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

As far as I know, Franziskaner is brewed in Germany. Right now, I have everything set just like I had it for a keg of Victory Lager. Around 38 degrees and 11-12 co2 pressure. It's coming out very foamy and I waited a good 6 hours for it to settle from the ride.

Stefan

Comment

So, if I need to increase the pressure significantly, I am told that I have to alter the size of my beer line. Right now I have what came with my kegerator which is 5 feet in length and 3/16" inner diameter. What exactly do I need to change it to in order to raise the pressure?

Thanks,
        Stefan

Comment

Well I tried dispensing Paulaner Hefeweizen at a higher CO2 value and it did not work out. I settled on around 14PSI and 38 F and all is good. The beer does not go flat at that pressure.

Comment

The higher the pressure, the more 3/16" line. The boat ride has nothing to do with settling. Has everything to do with secondary fermentation, thus higher carbonation.

Comment

some european beers require a pound or 2 more then domestics to hold them together

Comment

This has everything to do with a hefe beer. Brewers consider these products to be economical to brew since part of the fermentation process takes place after packaging. With secondary fermentation, higher carbonation.

For some hefeweizen, particularly when they take a long ride on the boat in the summer, the carbonation can become high. Thus, either shake and degass the beer or apply the corect pressure to gain gas equilibrium. Higher pressure, longer 3/16" beer line to control the flow.

Comment

What length 3/16" I.D. beer line would you recommend?

Stefan

Comment

You should have 4-5' of 3/16 this should be fine you might need to adjust your pressure to hold the beer together try increaseing it gradually till you get a pour you can live with I work in this industry and sometimes wheat beers are tempermental,but they taste good good luck

Comment

No, I already have a 5' beer line. It has been said numerous times that a longer beer line is needed to compensate for the higher pressure required by wheat beers. I have tried everywhere between 10# and 20# of pressure and none work. Low pressure makes it not taste good because of lack of carbonation. And high pressure produces nothing but foam. A flow restrictor has been recommended to me, but I don't want to cut my line. My current beer line works just fine for normal beers with average pressure. So I don't want to mess with it. But a longer line should allow me to use the required higher pressure. I just need to know how long.

Thanks

Comment

If you set your regulator to 20' you might need to bleed some pressure off turn off your co2 remove tavern head kegcopler push handle down like you do when tapping a the probe will sick out on the center of your keg is a silver cirle surrounded by a black rubber seal press edge of probe onto seal and you will hear the air bleeding off dont press silver circle you will take a bath do this a couple times until the air is bled off then set regulator to 13' and check your pour increase gradually till you are satisfied franizkaner doent require additional beer line only a few imports and micro brew do I hook this beer up in bars and restaurants on a fairly regular basis and know that the pressure must be played with to get a satisfactory pour

Comment

Stefan, during a couple of workshops in the Northeast facility, we had students bring in their own hefe. It was a German import. Each time we had to raise pressure to 28 PSIG and install 13 feet of 3/16" to control the flow. The only other option would be to shake down the excess gas in these products. To do so ill risk degassing the product and possibly ending up with flat beer.

Comment

Thanks. I tried Draught guy's suggestion and it basically didn't work. I completely removed the co2 from the keg, then turned the co2 back on and filled it up again. Beer was just as foamy. I had better luck pouring the beer into a liter glass rather than the 1/2 liter glass. If I want to add a longer beer line, how do I do that? It's easy enough on the keg end, but how do I attch it to the faucet which is connected to the tower?

Stefan

Comment

I just had some issues trying to make my beer line longer. I ordered a 5 foot beer line with hex nuts on each end, and attempted to remove the beer line from the tower withno success. I did not have the correct wrench to get this done. I just ordered this

I am not sure if this is a good end around, but I will let you know how it works out. I am going to add the 5 foot line to the 4 foot line that came with my kegerator. 9 feet of line should help with my foam issues. Fingers are crossed
                              AVANTI BD6000 MOD's
                              MicroMatic Tower with Faucet
                              MicroMatic Stainless Faucet
                              Brewer's Edge II Thermostat
                              MicroMatic Primary Single Gauge
                              MicroMatic "D" System Coupler
                              MicroMatic 12" Stainless Flush Drip Tray
                              Dayton Blower

Comment

Working...
                              X