Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing the locks on a Beverage Air DD78

Hello All,

Long time troll, first time poster. I recently picked up a used Beverage-Air on Craigslist; it works really well refrigeration-wise, but the guy that sold it to us didn't have the keys to the locks on the doors. I checked with a Bev-Air parts distributor, and he said it would be around $40 a door to buy new lock mechanisms. I'm wondering if there's a cheaper alternative to paying $120 (since there are 3 doors) to change the locks. Maybe a locksmith? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

A locksmith is not a bad alternative. They can pull the existing locks & make new keys. Call around & tell them what you've got & get some prices.

Another thing you might try is going to a local watering hole & see if they have Bev Air units. Most of those locks are keyed alike. If you are on good terms with them they might lend you a spare key & if you get lucky, it will fit.

THE ICEMAN
    Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 09-26-2009, 01:56 PM.
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

As far as i am concerned locksmith is the best alternative to locks related problem.

Comment

Well of course you would suggest a lock smith Jackson. mthunders is there a number on the face of the cylinder?
        What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Nevermind djc, this thread is 8 years old.

THE ICEMAN
          My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
          "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
          -Dave Barry-
          "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
          Strong beer is the milk of the old."
          -Martin Luther-

Comment

Necrothread! I blame the locksmith.
            What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Working...
            X