Bubbles not appearing in glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bubbles not appearing in glass

I just got a keg of Firestone DBA. I have the pressure set to 10psi per the specs I have gathered from the site as well as the manufacture. I get great pours with only the intended amount of head. Is it normal that I see basically no bubbles rising inside of the glass? I poured a beer into a pint glass the other night from a bottle and it had bubbles rising the entire time I was drinking it. I am getting belches which is telling me there is carbonation but it is just weird that I don't see bubbles.

What is the temperature of the beer?
    SEAN
    I cool my tower with Beer.
    http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...-cid-2297.html

Comment

Originally posted by bonefish View Post
      What is the temperature of the beer?
      SEAN
      Lastnight it was 42'f because I just had installed and tapped the keg no longer than 2 hours before that pour. I will check again tonight, but it has been about 2 years since I have had a Firestone on tap so I can't recall the taste, but it tasted great! if I shook the glass a little I would see a cluster of bubbles appear and then instantly rise to the top. Maybe I am looking into this too deep?

Comment

So I came home tonight and poured a beer. The first pour was with two fingers of head and it measured at 42'f. I haven't adjusted the kegerator since I last had a 5 gallon in there but I have the thermostat dialed in for a 5 gallon to give me consistent 38'f pours. I drank that beer and poured another... this one came out at 41'f and with about hardly any head. After a min or so this is my beer...

Is my beer flat, or is it fine and I am over reacting? I'm getting huge burps so it mast have some kind of carbonation

Comment

Beer three tonight... seconds after pouring... 42'f

Comment

I think 10 psi is too low. Try 12-15.
            SEAN
            Attached Files

Comment

I have it sat to 12psi right now... Maybe I will try 14 to see the results. If the volumes of CO2 is 2.4 that is 10psi... My beer is pouring at roughly 41-42'f which should be sat at 12psi. I will try upping it to 14 psi and have some later tonight to see how it goes.

Comment

Came home tonight after having the PSI upped to 14 psi. Beer is still at 42'f on second pour so I adjusted the thermostat to get it down to 38'f like I have had my previous two 5 gallon kegs at. Here is my second pour... looks better but the head dissipates after about 2-3 mins to the above pictures.

Any more input/suggestions?

Comment

It can take several days for the Keg temp to drop to 38°. Make sure you don't go too low.
                  Looks yummy!
                  SEAN

Comment

The 42 degrees sounds OK to me. Your applied pressure is too low for that temperature though. And it will take time for the beer to absorb co2, just raising the pressure won't produce an immediate effect.
                    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
                    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

It is ideal to not see any bubbles clinging to the glass or rising from the bottom. If your foam collar is diminishing quickly, you may want to evaluate your glass washing practices. Dish soap will have an impact on the foam retention. Dishwashers tend to work a little better depending on what else is in the dishwasher with your beer glass.
                      Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Zuhse View Post
                        It is ideal to not see any bubbles clinging to the glass or rising from the bottom. If your foam collar is diminishing quickly, you may want to evaluate your glass washing practices. Dish soap will have an impact on the foam retention. Dishwashers tend to work a little better depending on what else is in the dishwasher with your beer glass.
                        Came home tonight... poured a beer... The temperature is at 40'f which is better than before. I have tons of bubbles coming up from the bottom now, where as yesterday I have had none. The beer tastes crisp now not so smooth/mild. Is the beer over carbonated now or whats the case? I poured a beer (tripel karmeliet) from the bottle and it had crazy rising bubbles. I will pour another here in a bit evaluate

Comment

Working...
                        X