Pre-charging Guinness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-charging Guinness?

I ran across a post by a fellow who said that before dispensing his Guinness, he pre-charges it for a couple days with his CO2 tank, then switches to beer gas to dispense as usual. He said it saves on the more expensive beer gas and gets the ideal foamy consistency more quickly. Do other people do this? Does it really take a couple days before it's ready to dispense (either if you try this pre-changing, or just pressurize a new keg with beer gas)?

Where did you see that? I wouldn't recommend it. If you put co2 on Guinness for a few days, you'll end up with severely overcarbonated beer. You'd be pouring glasses of foam, which I guess could be considered creamy. But Guinness should have the 'cascading' head when poured. It's not supposed to stay like that.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

I ran across it on some forum while researching how to modify my setup for pouring stouts, but I'd have to scour my browser history to figure out where because I can't recall. I wanted to get a reality check on that suggestion. Thanks for your advise!

Comment

Oh you gotta ignore posts like that they're put out there by the bottling companies and want people to get frustrated with their kegerators!

Comment

Working...
        X