Air bubbles in line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air bubbles in line

Just got my 2nd Blue Moon Keg..I got a new 10ft. line..now I have air bubbles in the line..Does anyone have any suggestions. thanks

In order to give you a good answer we need to know the temp & pressure you are running. My first guess is that your pressure is too low & the Co2 is coming out of solution.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

the temp is 33.3 f and my psi is 15

Comment

Frank...is that the actual beer temp (measured after second pour from the faucet) or fridge temp? It's very important to know the actual beer temp measured with a calibrated thermometer.

Comment

I have a fan set up for the tower and a cup of water with inside the kegcooler for temp the temp of the water is 33.5 and the temp of the 2nd pour out of the tap is 38. i just tap the keg i let it sit for about 3 hours before i taped it and after i taped the keg i got a lot of air in the line and lots of foam.

Comment

How much foam are you getting? Because i did something similar and i was getting WAY too much foam. I went to the local home brewery and he told me something that is contradictory to everything I was told and have read. He said turn off the air and release all the pressure in the tank. I was very skeptical at first but i tried it anyways... So I turned off the pressure and drained the air several times. It turned out I had over carbonated the keg. And I was only filling it to 9 psi at 7000 elevation which apparently you're suppose to be around 15 +-. No I'm getting decent pours and my keg isn't flat. Just make sure every couple of times you bleed off the pressure you take a sample glass and make sure your beer isn't going flat. Also barely pressure you keg up to maybe 2-3 psi. I'm 100% sure someone is going to disagree with me but this is what solved my problem, so either its a fluke or I have no idea!

Good Luck

Comment

Yes im getting 100% foam im going to give it a try.

Comment

How long did you leave it @ 2-3 psi?

Comment

i didnt leave it pressurized at all. Just when you want to pour yourself a test beer then turn on your air. but dont pressure it more that 2-3 psi and if its foamy at that drain off the pressure and put it at 1 psi or even less. but let your keg sit unpressurized for a little while it took me like 5 hours to get all the insane pressure out of my keg and now im letting it just chill there with no pressure so the CO2 will release from the beer.

Comment

Thanks mrindal it worked pouring out like a chanp. thanks for the info thought i was going to have to go back to bottles.

Comment

No problem... just good to see none of that Blue Moon is going to waste!

Comment

Hate to "burst your bubbles" guys but if you plan on leaving the pressure that low, be prepared for flat beer in a few days (depending on much you drink too).

Comment

I set the pressure back up to 16psi and its flowing good.

Comment

Working...
                          X