Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bev-Air BM23 Not Cold Enough

Hey guys,

I just recently bought a Bev-Air BM23 used but in great condition. The previous owner had it on and cold when I went over to check it out. He had it set on 6 for the coldness setting (7 being the coldest) and the temperature of a glass of water was 36 degrees. Since then I moved the Kegerator up to my University and in to my new apartment. Setting it up there and turning it on with the termperature set on 6, the compressor won't kick on. The fan stays on but after 3 hours it just blew warm air with no compressor kicking on. I then turned it up to 7 and immediately the compressor kicked right on. So I left this on for a couple of days, with a full keg, and CO2 tank inside and when testing the temperature of a glass of water inside the kegerator, I could not get the temperature to drop below 44 degrees. My regulator was set for around 16 PSI at this point and the beer was straight foam. It wasn't until I lowered the pressure to about 8-10 PSI that the beer would flow with little foam and in the process the beer felt colder than previously. So my main problem is that I have this guy set for the coldest setting and am only getting 44 degrees and if i even set it on setting 6, the compressor doesn't even come on at all. If you guys could please shed some light on my situation and what I need to do to fix it, I would GREATLY appreciate it. Thanks.

Sounds like a bad thermostat. You should be able to find a replacement online.

Comment

Ok so even though the compressor cycles just fine, just simply won't get colder than 43 degrees, you think its the thermostat? I am very glad to hear that because its an easy fix if that is the case. I have been reading these forums getting a lot of useful information but I was unsure if the thermostat could be bad since the unit actually cycles. Definitely worth trying first though right? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X