Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help....before I go back to bottles(foam issue)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help....before I go back to bottles(foam issue)

Have a big party on Sunday and my new Sierra Nevada keg is foaming up on me. have had this keg numerous times before and always a perfect pour. just finiahed a Sam Adams White Ale keg and had similar problem. Thought it was just the beer.

Temp stays at 36-38, using liquid thermometer. Standard 5' tubing.
    As I pull the tap, I watch the line fill with foam coming right out of the keg. I can let the beer sit in a cup, full cup of foam gets me 1/2 cup of beer after a few minutes. But who wants to wait?

Not sure why this happens. I have had the CO2 at about 12-14. I had lowered it to 10, but problem persisted. Do I retap the keg? Does the "bend" in the tubing 5" above the keg add to the problem? By bend I mean the tube comes out of keg, goes up and then bends down a little and then loops back up. The way it always has been without issue.

Sorry so long and dramatic, but with the party 5 days away, need help.

Thanks in advance!

Do you regularly clean your coupler, line and faucet?
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Number one priority. Always clean the entire system after every keg. Was cleaned prior to tapping new keg. Was in a rush and tapped the keg about 4 hours after putting it in. Did I not wait long enough? Should I retap--only thing I did not try.

Comment

Untap the keg and check the rubber washer between the beer line and the tap. Sometimes they get nicked up or don't seat well and cause an obstruction which in turn causes turbulence and foam.

Comment

Are there gas pockets forming at the high spot on your line between pours or after it sits for a bit post pour?

Comment

If you see foam in the line directly out of the keg I would say you have a bad seal probably caused by a bad gasket on the keg.

Comment

Working...
            X