No announcement yet.

Quick help please! Beer freeze temp...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick help please! Beer freeze temp...

Happy New Year's everyone.......

I am going out tonight and will not be home until tomorrow moring......It is going to be 15 degrees here all night and 31 for the high temp tomorrow. I have less than a quarter of beer left in each of my 2 sixtels. I am having a Rose Bowl Party and bought 2 new sixtels. I have to pick them up today.

The problem is, how do I keep them cold until my other kegs run out??? Will 2 full sixtels freeze overnight if the temp will be 15 degrees???? My garage temp is measuring 45-50 degrees and I am not sure if that is cold enough to keep them overnight and then put them outside to get cold tomorrow morning when I get home........follow me??? Any advise????? I thought about puting the new sixtels in the kegerator and placing the almost empt sixtels outside, but I know that they will freeze quicker b/c there is little beer left..........
    HOME OF THE 6 TIME WORLD CHAMPION PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Thats quite the dillemma you have there isnt it. Both those sixtels will freeze outside overnight (the near empty and the full).

A few things come to mind.

1) Sacrifice the near empties and put either outside or in the coolest place in your house. To minimize loss, drink as much of them as you can today.

2) Whichever you choose to store, maybe try putting them right up against your garage door. Usually there is some radiant cold coming from garage doors. You might be able to find a sweet spot that hovers right around 38, you never know.

3) Empty you fridge of all condiments and old food ( you know you have a bunch!) and try to fit one or two in there. If you have a full size fridge.

4) Beg to borrow space in a friends fridge.
    DKC645BLS (Jan. 08 Production)
    -All MM Hardware

Comment

A tub of ice in the garage would be your safest bet and at 50 degress the ice will hold up well. While 15 overnight may not freeze it, it would get your temp well down below 38°.

Originally posted by SteelersBar View Post
      Happy New Year's everyone.......

I am going out tonight and will not be home until tomorrow moring......It is going to be 15 degrees here all night and 31 for the high temp tomorrow. I have less than a quarter of beer left in each of my 2 sixtels. I am having a Rose Bowl Party and bought 2 new sixtels. I have to pick them up today.

The problem is, how do I keep them cold until my other kegs run out??? Will 2 full sixtels freeze overnight if the temp will be 15 degrees???? My garage temp is measuring 45-50 degrees and I am not sure if that is cold enough to keep them overnight and then put them outside to get cold tomorrow morning when I get home........follow me??? Any advise????? I thought about puting the new sixtels in the kegerator and placing the almost empt sixtels outside, but I know that they will freeze quicker b/c there is little beer left..........
      On Tap: Corny of a Hombrewed American Pale Ale, Corny of Homebrewed Cherry Wheat and Remain of a Miller Lite half tranfered into a Corny! Now an official Homebrewer.

Dead: (7) 1/2's of Miller Lite, (1) 1/2 of Blue Moon (6) 1/6's of Blue Moon, (4) 1/6's of Shocktop (2) 1/6's of Landshark Lager (1) 1/4 Yuengling, (1) 1/6 Victory Summer Love (1) 1/6 of Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale (1) 1/6 Shipyard Prelude.

Comment

Thanks!! I agree with you and I know that would be the common sense answer. I was just curious as to see the responses I would get....useful information for t his particular party and any further similar situations. I wish I had a secondary fridge just for holding spare kegs!!!!!

Thanks again for the help!!

Comment

Thanks!! I was just curious as to see the responses I would get....useful information for this particular party and any further similar situations. I wish I had a secondary fridge just for holding spare kegs!!!!! I guess I will need to start drinking!!

Comment

Two threads about the same subject are now one.

THE ICEMAN
            My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
            "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
            -Dave Barry-
            "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
            Strong beer is the milk of the old."
            -Martin Luther-

Comment

LOL... I'm up to three and half fridges in the house already and it's just the wife and I. One in the kegerator, one is for food, one if for Bottles and Cans and the mini fridge has cans and bottles in the kitchen for parties. The cool thing is that I now have three ice makers as well which works well for the Margarita machine and I hardly ever have to fire up the Restaurant Ice Machine that I have to make ice for parties.

As good as an extra one would be, it would be unplugged 99% of the time.

Brian

Originally posted by SteelersBar View Post
              Thanks!! I agree with you and I know that would be the common sense answer. I was just curious as to see the responses I would get....useful information for t his particular party and any further similar situations. I wish I had a secondary fridge just for holding spare kegs!!!!!

On Tap: Corny of a Hombrewed American Pale Ale, Corny of Homebrewed Cherry Wheat and Remain of a Miller Lite half tranfered into a Corny! Now an official Homebrewer.

Dead: (7) 1/2's of Miller Lite, (1) 1/2 of Blue Moon (6) 1/6's of Blue Moon, (4) 1/6's of Shocktop (2) 1/6's of Landshark Lager (1) 1/4 Yuengling, (1) 1/6 Victory Summer Love (1) 1/6 of Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale (1) 1/6 Shipyard Prelude.

Comment

Originally posted by bkl63 View Post
                LOL... I'm up to three and half fridges in the house already and it's just the wife and I. One in the kegerator, one is for food, one if for Bottles and Cans and the mini fridge has cans and bottles in the kitchen for parties. The cool thing is that I now have three ice makers as well which works well for the Margarita machine and I hardly ever have to fire up the Restaurant Ice Machine that I have to make ice for parties.

As good as an extra one would be, it would be unplugged 99% of the time.

Brian
                LOL....that is both funny and AWESOME!!!

Comment

Working...
                X