Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back To Canned Beer (at least for the winter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back To Canned Beer (at least for the winter)

I had to shut down my kegerator for the winter. It has gotten very cold here and froze the rest of my killians, thankfully it was about empty. I thought it would take alot to freeze being inside my garage and having the fridge insulated but it did anyway. What do you guys do that have their setups in unheated spaces. I cant heat the garage as this is a rented house so any suggestions?

I had the same problem. You could always convert one of these...

Garage Storage Factory Direct Savings - Product ยป Gladiator Chillerator Garage Refrigerato...

It has a small heater to keep the fridge contents from freezing and it's well insulated so hot summer months are no problem either.

I have one and it's been working perfectly for 2 years now.

Comment

That is pretty cool. but unfortunetly budget restraints (wife) would not permit it.

Comment

Cans are GREAT! Especially cans of Surly Furious, Oskar Blues Ten Fidy, Oskar Blues Dale's Pale Ale, and Oskar Blues Gordon!

I have my kegerator in my garage. It's attached, so that helps. When it was down to 10F the other night, the temp in the garage was still about 42.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Bring your kegerator in the house and set it up in the kitchen or next to your recliner. More convenient and it solves the temperature issues.
          Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
          but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Originally posted by cubby_swans View Post
            Cans are GREAT! Especially cans of Surly Furious, Oskar Blues Ten Fidy, Oskar Blues Dale's Pale Ale, and Oskar Blues Gordon!
            Dales Pale Ale is money! Thanks for the other suggestions...it's tough finding good canned brew.

Originally posted by psychodad View Post
            Bring your kegerator in the house and set it up i More convenient and it solves the temperature issues.
            That's exactly what I did...except it's in my back room. Fresh draft beer all year round!!
            Hail to the Redskins!

Comment

I have tried to bring it inside and have gotten shot down by the wife. I guess it is a good time to try some differant brands then if i like them i can get a keg. I've never dared to get a keg of something that i've never had before.

Comment

I think you need to use a little reverse sike. on the little lady. You could explain how much money you save drinking draft vs. can, I'm sure she will understand.

My cooler is in the dinning room, I live here too.

Comment

I've almost got her talked into getting a new kegerator, one that will look good inside. She just doesnt want my "guy" fridge inside the house. She likes to drink beer also so i maybe i will get to have one in the garage and inside the house. Here's a pic of my kegerator, now i dont understand why she doesnt want that inside.
                  Last edited by mp_cs; 02-03-2009, 01:31 PM.

Comment

I've got the opposite.

Mine was in the garage. Thought the heat was making it work too hard, and moved it to the kitchen. Figured out that the cooling plate was icing up and causing the issue. Now I want it back in the garage: Where all the drinking, Smoking and cussing occurs.
                    What you have to practice is "The Reverse Jedi Mind Trick". I believe it's first documented use was by a rabbit, "please don't throw me in the briar patch".
                    SEAN
                    it's Friday!
                    I cool my tower with Beer.
                    http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...-cid-2297.html

Comment

Looks fine to me, I would have that in my house any day. Wife or no wife, wait a minute is she looking!

Comment

Working...
                      X