Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kegerator Only Dispenses CO2 and Not Beer! (G Coupler + Anchor Christmas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kegerator Only Dispenses CO2 and Not Beer! (G Coupler + Anchor Christmas)

I am having trouble getting my kegerator to dispense beer despite it being hooked up to a fresh tank of CO2.

Last week I purchased a keg of Anchor - Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. I had been waiting over a year to buy it and it was finally ready. I brought it home only to find out that I needed a G coupler to tap it. I ordered a G coupler from micromatic and anxiously awaited its arrival. It came a few days ago, I hooked it up to a brand new tank of CO2 and "tapped" the keg with it. It appears to have lined up perfectly, I turned it and then pushed the lever down until it locked. It seems like its in place, but when I go to dispense the beer all that comes out is CO2.(?)

Additionally, when the keg is "untapped" and the coupler is not on it some beer will drizzle out of the keg. It's almost as if it foams up because on a couple of occasions when I've opened up the kegerator there has been, what appears to be, foam that froze into ice/slush. The gauge on my kegerator says the temperature is currently about 37 degrees.

1. Does anyone know why the beer isn't coming out?
    2. Does anyone know why the beer foams out the top when its not tapped?
    3. Does anyone know how I can remedy this problem?

After special ordering the keg and purchasing the new coupler I am over $300 in the hole. All I want is to get the keg working so I can enjoy my favorite Christmas beer!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Verify the liquid line is attached to the top of the coupler and the gas line is attached to the side port. Shake the keg to verify it's liquid inside, maybe warm it up a tad and see if the gauge is wrong?

Comment

bard,

The liquid line is attached to the top of the coupler and the gas line is attached on the side. The keg is a brand new full keg and there is liquid inside.

According to Anchor, it could be a faulty gasket since some beer oozed out the top. They said that once oxygen hits the beer it can contaminate it and it should not be drunk. They recommended that I return the keg.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstLands View Post
        bard,

The liquid line is attached to the top of the coupler and the gas line is attached on the side. The keg is a brand new full keg and there is liquid inside.

According to Anchor, it could be a faulty gasket since some beer oozed out the top. They said that once oxygen hits the beer it can contaminate it and it should not be drunk. They recommended that I return the keg.
        Are you SURE it's not frozen? Maybe your 37 degree temp reading is wrong. I had this problem before I got the Brewers Edge controller.

I've frozen kegs...they still slush around inside, not solid. If you hear "slush" when you shake it, it's frozen.

Otherwise, mabybe it is a bad seal...return it before Christmas and New Years.

Comment

JohnnyP,

Thanks for the tip. I have upped the temperature on my kegerator 7 degrees and have opened the door. I will let the keg warm up and see if that helps since I have not had the opportunity to return it yet.

I have a Danby kegerator. I was under the impression that they usually don't get cold enough, but at this point, warming up the keg can't hurt.

I will post here again with the results.

Comment

Working...
          X