Lets see who has what happens.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets see who has what happens.

I'd like to take a poll and see what kind of kegorator you have?
    I was allowed ten options and picked the most discussed in the forum. Please participate.
    SEAN
    Kenmore
    8.26%
    Danby
    12.40%
    Chest freezer conversion
    8.26%
    Refrigorator conversion
    14.88%
    Avanti
    0.83%
    Haier
    7.44%
    Sanyo
    10.74%
    Commercial grade
    8.26%
    Vissani
    17.36%
    Other
    11.57%
    Last edited by bonefish; 12-04-2008, 05:04 PM.
    I cool my tower with Beer.
    http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...-cid-2297.html

I think many of you have seen my refrigerator conversion. If not, here it is again>>> K I L L E R - K E G E R A T O R

I just picked up a keg of Stone Brewing's Smoked Porter. Can't wait for tomorrow.
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

I have a Summit, but marked it as a Sanyo since they're allegedly more or less the same.

Comment

I have old Beverage Air single, got it when I remodeled a restaurant in Petersburg, VA.
        It may be old, but running like a champ!

ICEMAN, truly a one of a kind box, I salute you!

Dennis
        The Draft Doctor

Comment

Mine is a realKenmore. Not the Summit, (or Sanyo?), relabelled as a Kenmore, but an actual Kenmore.

I'm not sure of the age, but I'd venture to say it's easily 15-20 years old.

I did a complete rehab, with the help of all of the fine members here. It keeps the beer at 38 degrees and works like a champ.

Not sure if the pics are still there, (I can't tell from my work PC), but here's the thread.

Hail to the Redskins!

Comment

Wow - Sanyo, Vissani and "other" are tied. I'm surprised. The Vissani I originally got was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO inferior to the Sanyo I eventually went with, and the Sanyo needed some tweaking to get perfect pours. The Vissani crew must be pretty dedicated.
            Last edited by johnnyp; 12-10-2008, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyp View Post
              Wow - Sanyo, Vissani and "other" are tied. I'm surprised. The Vissani I originally got was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO inferior to the Sanyo I eventually went with, and the Sanyo needed some tweaking to get perfect pours. The Vissani crew must be pretty dedicated.
              I'm very happy with my Vissani. Although I haven't tried to put a 1/2 barrel of anything in it yet, my 1/4's have been just fine. Like many others, I had problems in the beginning with the temp not getting low enough. All I did was the PC fan mod and I started freezing my line. Now I keep my thermo set to 1-2 and my beer is nice and cold.

Comment

I opted for a fridge conversion only because i was given this old Kelvinator Fridge and decided it would look cool as a kegerator and it still worked flawlessly. So i painted it and now it sits working perfectly in my garage.
                Last edited by mp_cs; 02-03-2009, 01:31 PM.

Comment

I was thinking about the Danby Sticky. Why so much attention to this brand? Are they that popular, or that bad?
                  I'm not harping on the sticky, its great info, and that's what I'm here for.
                  Happy New Year!
                  SEAN
                  I cool my tower with Beer.
                  http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...-cid-2297.html

Comment

I don't know that they are either that popular or that bad. But there are a lot of them sold via Sam's Club and the like. Combine the numbers of them sold and the known problems with them, there are a lot of people looking for solutions. Look at the number of views that the original Danby sticky had, the forums get a lot of traffic from people looking for help with these. The new Danby sticky was made for these users to easily find the wiring diagrams and perhaps solve some problems.

The Micro Matic forums are generally in the top three results when googling Danby kegerator.
                    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
                    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Although this thread is a year old; I voted anyway. I actually have an upright freezer conversion. I'm too old and lazy to try to lift a 1/2 barrel into a chest freezer!

Neil
                      Pilsner Urquell on tap

Comment

I have a True, and can't complain at all. Keep the fingers crossed, and keep on pouring.

Comment

Originally posted by gizmofish View Post
                          I'm too old and lazy to try to lift a 1/2 barrel into a chest freezer!
                          Five gallon corny kegs of home brew are very easy to lift. You have one of the best home brew stores there is in your city if you ever want to take up home brewing.
                          Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
                          but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

I would have to decide which hobby to give up for a new one!

Actually; I don't need to worry about it. I found an old 7+ cubic foot upright freezer. Best of both worlds. If I ever do decide to try homebrew, I could fit 4 cornys w/ ease. As for now: I don't have the time, inclination or space to do so.
                            Pilsner Urquell on tap

Comment

Working...
                            X