Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know the recommended psi for Great Lakes Christmas Ale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know the recommended psi for Great Lakes Christmas Ale?

I am picking up a 1/6 barrel of this tomorrow and was wondering if anyone knew the recommended psi? I was planning to give the brewery a call tomorrow to ask, but last time I did that I got someone who didn't have a clue what I was talking about and had no interest in finding someone who could help me. Hopefully I'll have better luck tomorrow!

Just to follow up for anyone who might be interested, I called the brewery and they said 12-14psi (at sea level) at 40-42 degrees. Pretty much standard pressure...

Comment

Gee, did they mention temperature at anytime? Always ask for the carbonation level in volumes. If the brewer does not know this, you may not want to drink the product.

Example: if this product has a level at 2.5 v/v(volumes of carbon dioxide), @ 38f @ sea level the preseere to the keg should be 13 PSIG.
      Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Zuhse View Post
        Gee, did they mention temperature at anytime? Always ask for the carbonation level in volumes. If the brewer does not know this, you may not want to drink the product.

Example: if this product has a level at 2.5 v/v(volumes of carbon dioxide), @ 38f @ sea level the preseere to the keg should be 13 PSIG.
        They did mentioned the temp (40-42 degreess)....am I missing something? If you know temp and altitude and a shouldn't PSI be enough?

I could see wanting volumes and temp if you were trying to derive PSI at an altitude. Seemed like the info they gave me was plenty?

Comment

All of Great Lakes beers are brewed with 2.65 v/v of co2....this came from Luke at the brewery......
          HOME OF THE 6 TIME WORLD CHAMPION PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Comment

Very nice choice. I cannot get any of there beers here in MD. Let us know how it turns out.

Comment

I just got a 1/6 myself. Very good stuff
              No CRAP! on tap

Comment

Where can you purchase the kegs of Christmas Ale at?

Comment

Originally posted by tyrus3k View Post
                  Where can you purchase the kegs of Christmas Ale at?
                  Great Lakes Brewing Company, Cleveland, Ohio
                  No CRAP! on tap

Comment

16 psig @ 40f. 17 psig @ 42f.
                    Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Working...
                    X