1st timer question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st timer question

i bought a keg cooler kit from craigslist and installed it in my fridge. my problem is that the beer is coming out way too fast and foamy. i figure that i have to lengthen the line since it is only about 2ft. also the line is 5/16 innerdiameter, is that a problem? also the co2 regulator is leaking through the hole below the adjuster screw, what can i do about that
    Last edited by m_innerst; 12-03-2008, 07:20 PM.

You will need a longer line AND your line is WAY too big! You want a 5 to 6 foot piece of 3/16" ID beer line to provide the proper restriction. 5/16" line will flow WAY too fast and the beer will rocket out of the tap!

The hole on the regulator normally vents when you turn down the pressure, but should not be 'leaking' if you are not making pressure adjustments - if it is, you likely need a new diaphragm and or other internal parts, or you can just replace the regulator.

Comment

Another newb question

im not having any problems with my keg but I see if I want to stop unauthorized pours too uncouple the keg.

How many times can I do this? and Ive had a keg er two bubble at the coupler washer after unhooking them.. if I see that dont I need to re couple it?

I always thought after you tap it thats it.

Comment

There are faucet locks that work well to stop unauthorized pours. That is what I used when I had teenagers living at home.
        Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
        but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

yeah but if uncoupling works its free.

Comment

Uncoupling is free. But it isn't as effective. A teenager, room mate, or unwelcome inlaw can recouple it easily.

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

Comment

fridge has locking mechanism on it so they cant get in.

but I then take it its ok to uncouple the keg and recouple it provided the PSI and temp dont change.

Thanks.

ps how did that psychodad song go????

Comment

If you can lock the fridge, then Micro Matic sells inline valves that you can shut off the beer flow with. Still not free, but I'm not a fan of the coupling and uncoupling method.

Comment

ahhh. Ok then thanks!!

wish New Belgium made 1554 in a sixtel.

Comment

Originally posted by iracmine View Post
                    ahhh. Ok then thanks!!

wish New Belgium made 1554 in a sixtel.
                    New Belgium does make 1554 in a sixtel.
                    "because, without beer, things do not seem to go as well..."
                    Brother Epp, 1902

Comment

keep in mind that if you uncouple/couple, everytime you uncouple and leave it sit for a length of time, whatever beer residue is on your coupler is going to dry out and gunk the thing up unless you also clean the coupler well every time you uncouple it.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Originally posted by bg44 View Post
                        New Belgium does make 1554 in a sixtel.
                        time to switch liquor stores

Comment

Working...
                        X