Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 quarters in 1 Kegerator?

Hi guys.

Newbie here... I have a Haier Kegorator and wanted to stick 2 quarter barrels in place of one half barrel. Has anyone done this. I know I can stick 2 quarters that are the slim model but I was wondering if anyone has done 2 traditional quarters. I was planning on moving the co2 tank to outside the fridge and installing a double faucet tower. I have 29 total inches in the inside and the traditional quarter barrel is like 14 inches tall. I was thinking I could overlap them and build a stand for the second one to sit on the edge of the first one.

Anyone tried this?

-Steve

I thought about this in my Danby but never went beyound the thinking stage. You will need two low profile couplers and even at that it will be tight.

Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

I’d suggest getting one and drinking it. Then get another one (without returning the first) and drinking it as well. Then you can play around with them to see what will and/or won't work. I did a quick search and couldn't find the height for the low profile coupler but I'm sure a quick call to MM would provide you with that info.

Good luck.
      Beer - the 5th food group!

Comment

Thanks guys, that low coupler from Psychodad should do the trick!

I'll put it on my xmas list!

-Steve

Comment

With only an inch of play, I don't see being able to fit two kegs with two couplers let alone having room to actually engage a coupler.

Comment

Yes, on a standard size quarter barrel that leaves me with 1 inch. With the low profile tap I should be able to run the lines through the keg handles...

I may never do this but in theory it should work, I think.

I can also run the slim quarter barrels..

-Steve

Comment

Why not just run three sixtels? IMO that is better than 2 qtrs.

Comment

Newbie here what's a sixtel??? You got me thinking... Are they 1/3 barrels? Now that's thinking.

For the longest time I was happy with one keg until I saw my friends 3 key setup. He converted a chest freezer and now I can't stop thinking of my favorite beers on tap are as follows:

#1 Leinenkugal RED
                #2 Rolling Rock
                #3 Goose Island 312

-Steve

Comment

Sixtel is a 1/6 barrel which holds 5.16 gallons of beer.
                  Attached Files
                  Beer - the 5th food group!

Comment

Got it!

Thanks,
                    -Steve

Comment

Not everything is available in sixtels, but they're gaining popularity at a quick pace. I think a lot of brewers are doing away with the 1/4 barrels and moving towards sixtels. They're especially popular with craft brews, as 1/2 barrels of good craft brew can be quite expensive. If you called a liquor store that deals mainly in macro brew, and you asked for a sixtel, you might get a "what's a sixtel?" out of them too, so you might want to call around to make sure the beers you want on tap are available in sixtels before you go out and purchase a 3 tap setup.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Working...
                      X