Benefits of Defrost Cycle??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benefits of Defrost Cycle??

The title pretty much says it all. What, if any, are the benefits of the built in defrost cycle on so many kegerators and refrigerators. I just got the Frigidaire Beverage Center and can't seem to get below 39 degrees. After looking at the wiring diagram for a fix similar to the Danby mods I noticed the defrost timer could be unplugged quite easily. Would this help keep the fridge colder? Kinda new to this whole thing.

The problem with defeating the defrost timer is that you could bring on the next ice age.
    Ice is a very good insulator & would eventually prevent the unit from cooling properly as the ice built up. Leave it as is it designed. The defrost cycle does not last long enough to affect the overall temperature of the unit.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Don't let the suggestion to rid a Danby of the defrost cycle lead you to believe that self defrost is bad. It is just that the Danby defrost cycle is as flakey as the rest of the Danby control elements.
      Last edited by cubby_swans; 10-17-2008, 07:12 AM.
      Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
      but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Originally posted by psychodad View Post
        Don't let the suggestion to rid a Danby of the defrost cycle lead you to believe that self defrost is bad. It is just that the Danby defrost cycle is as flakey as the rest of the Danby control elements.
        What defrost cycle?

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Working...
        X