Pool of water inside kegerator help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pool of water inside kegerator help

i just put in my new thermostat on my bev air bm23 and am happy to say that it is working like a champ now. however i am noticing that water is starting to pool up in the bottom of my kegerator. is this a problem with the evaporator or something? i am new to this and before i put the thermostat in i never noticed this problem. my door seal is good but maybe when i put the lid on i did not secure it tightly enough so air is getting in. what are the causes of water in a kegerator and what should i be looking for in order to fix it?

update on problem

upon further looking i noticed that the water is dropping from the box where the cooling fan is. this is the same area that i was recently working on to fix my thermostat. hope this adds insight to any ideas people have for me to help fix this problem.

Comment

I would think that you dont have that pan that you pulled down set back at the right angle.That pan has to be set properly for the water to drain into the drain line.Those things can be tricky to set properly.
      What I got:
      Beverage Air #BM23
      with a "Sexy" Double Faucet Tower and Celli Eurpean Faucets
      -MM Premium Double Guage Primary Regulator
      -MM Premium 2 Product Secondary Regulator
      -MM S/S Keg Couplers
      YouTube video of the goods

Comment

any tools or ways that i can allign this up. i have tried with a level but it does not work so well.

Comment

You more than likely have a clogged drain. There are a couple of possibilities, one being that your drain pan is rusted or the fitting is cracked, but the most likely is that the drain tube is clogged with crud. Take a look down by the compressor & see if you can find a vinyl tube coming out of the cabinet. Take some compressed air & see if you can blow it out. Be prepared for it to make a bit of a mess inside. The other option is to take loose the evaporator pan & clear the drain from there.

My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
          "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
          -Dave Barry-
          "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
          Strong beer is the milk of the old."
          -Martin Luther-

Comment

my drain pan is not rusted although the unit is an older model. i put some water in the pan and could not get it to drain which would lead me to believe the drain might be plugged. could this happen with just a replacement of the thermostat though (seeing how this problem never occured before i messed with the thermostat)? also how do i remove a panel that would gain me access to the compressor and other components down there? if i find that the drain is not clogged does the fact that the pan is not at the right angle have anything to do with this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by djteknick View Post
              my drain pan is not rusted although the unit is an older model. i put some water in the pan and could not get it to drain which would lead me to believe the drain might be plugged. could this happen with just a replacement of the thermostat though (seeing how this problem never occured before i messed with the thermostat)?
              Only if you have the control set too cold & the drain froze up. But the drain would have to be slow in the first place for that to happen.
              Originally posted by djteknick
              also how do i remove a panel that would gain me access to the compressor and other components down there?
              Should be just a couple of screws holding it on.
              Originally posted by djteknick
              if i find that the drain is not clogged does the fact that the pan is not at the right angle have anything to do with this problem?
              Doubtful.

My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
              "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
              -Dave Barry-
              "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
              Strong beer is the milk of the old."
              -Martin Luther-

Comment

Working...
              X