Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bought New Used Kegerator, Need Suggestions/Tips (Pictures Included)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought New Used Kegerator, Need Suggestions/Tips (Pictures Included)

Hey.. Me and my two college buddies have just purchased ourselves a new double commercial kegerator. We owned a single kegerator last year but don't have much experience with this new beast. We are planning on having two separate kegs, one domestic and maybe another European and want to have the best beer quality possible. I've taken a few pictures and would like any input you experts could give me.
    This is the top of the kegerator. It is a "Superior" model.

These tubes sprout out to our broken regulator (next picture) and our two couplers.

This way the broken regulator I was referring to. If you guys could give me any suggestions of what to do with it. and which kind of regulator would be best for our system.

This is the top of the inside of the kegerator, Two tubes hang down and I'm not sure what they are for.

I appreciate any comments, suggestions, and tips. Thank you.

Holy S**T! You guys are nuts! You could have just kept your original kegerator and still had 2 beers on tap...just upgrade the tower & regulator. I would imagine that monster is gonna suck a lot of power. Anyway, those 2 tubes hanging are used for cooling the towers. I will leave the regulator question to one of the experts! You guys better charge 10 bucks a cup when the weekends roll around. Good Luck!
    Last edited by JBUNGIE; 08-26-2008, 05:09 PM.

Comment

It's not a 'Superior' brand. It looks to me to be a Beverage Air. Check your other thread. You can get a new regulator, if needed, here on this site.

My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
      "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
      -Dave Barry-
      "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
      Strong beer is the milk of the old."
      -Martin Luther-

Comment

Originally posted by JBUNGIE View Post
        Holy S**T! You guys are nuts! You could have just kept your original kegerator and still had 2 beers on tap...just upgrade the tower & regulator. I would imagine that monster is gonna suck a lot of power. Anyway, those 2 tubes hanging are used for cooling the towers. I will leave the regulator question to one of the experts! You guys better charge 10 bucks a cup when the weekends roll around. Good Luck!
        Well the original kegerator was my other roommates who moved out. We could have purchased a regular kegerator and fit two pony kegs, but we wanted to have two half barrel kegs on tap at all times.

Comment

Could somebody give me a suggestion on what kind of regulator would work best for this kegerator? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by KyVang View Post
            Could somebody give me a suggestion on what kind of regulator would work best for this kegerator? Thanks
            Any of the Micromatic double guage regs are good.Just run that into the co2 splitter.then out to your two couplers
            What I got:
            Beverage Air #BM23
            with a "Sexy" Double Faucet Tower and Celli Eurpean Faucets
            -MM Premium Double Guage Primary Regulator
            -MM Premium 2 Product Secondary Regulator
            -MM S/S Keg Couplers
            YouTube video of the goods

Comment

I don't think you guys are nuts at all. I'd throw a few parties, charge XX bucks. This thing will pay for itself. The only problem I see in your future is WHO GETS TO KEEP THE KEGERATOR when you guys graduate

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Nuts??

I have a dual tap and I live by myself, with the dog of course. I bought a mm reg a little while ago and have had good luck with it. It was the top dog that they sell. If cost is a concern, I would guess that there cheaper regs work about the same. So when is the first party??? count me in!
                ....ONE KEG OF BEER FOR THE FOUR OF US......FOR ONE OF US COULD DRINK IT ALL ALONE.

Comment

Alright, I guess I'm going to go with the Premium "Primary Double Gauge - CO2" and The 2 Keg one wouldn't be necessary, correct? I dont think it would considering I have that piece in the 2nd picture that splits off the lines.. Thank you again for your input.

Comment

Looks that way but I think that all of them will be at the same psi. If that presents a problem you will need sec reg I think.

Is that a quick connect on the one end of the old regulator? It looks like the coupler in the shop at work on the air comp lines.

One more thing, I like the glowing orb of the screwdriver!!
                    ....ONE KEG OF BEER FOR THE FOUR OF US......FOR ONE OF US COULD DRINK IT ALL ALONE.

Comment

Looks like you could prob fit at least 4 half kegs in there is you wanted to. If you dont mind my asking what did you pay for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy1759 View Post
                        Looks that way but I think that all of them will be at the same psi. If that presents a problem you will need sec reg I think.

Is that a quick connect on the one end of the old regulator? It looks like the coupler in the shop at work on the air comp lines.

One more thing, I like the glowing orb of the screwdriver!!
                        I have no idea whats going on with that old regulator.. I was under the impression that it was just broken. And the screwdriver is just glowing becuase of the camera flash.. I tried to get a glowing screwdriver at Home Depot but they were sold out.

We paid $400 for it.

Comment

D$*M they are sold out by my house too!! Just checked my reg and when I see it I am glad I got the one I did (maybe not the best available) but still working fine and giving me no problems. I love having no problems....but waking up at 5:30am!!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Sammy1759; 08-27-2008, 06:40 PM.

Comment

I see what you mean by it only being capable of setting one individual PSI for both kegs. Would this be a big problem if we were planning on having, lets say a Bud Light on one tap and a Dark beer such as Guinness on the other?

Comment

It depends on the dark beer. For Guinness you would need a separate set up for nitrogen. http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...s-cid-615.html

My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
                              "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
                              -Dave Barry-
                              "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
                              Strong beer is the milk of the old."
                              -Martin Luther-

Comment

Working...
                              X