bm23 help noob with thermostat question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bm23 help noob with thermostat question

i recently picked up a bev air bm23 on craigslist for 150 bux. a steal according to the local keg store owner. however, after i changed the lines out and got everything rolling i noticed that my kegerator will not stop freezing. even on the lowest or highest setting the darn thing will always end up reaching 28 degrees no matter what i try. my question is, does this sound like a thermostat problem or simply cleaning of coils or other parts? if i do have to clean parts what parts and where are these parts located? also, i was looking up buying an external thermostat so i dont have to start taking things apart but i do not know what affects this would have on the tower cooling fan. is an external thermostat the way to go or should i buy a replacement thermostat from a distributor and start there. any help would be appreciated as i am on my second frozen keg and the money does not grow on trees. thanx.

You Sir most definitely have a stuck temp control. My advise... stick with f a c t o r y parts.

My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Removing the top is pretty easy (4 screws) and allows full access to the t-stat, evap coil, fan, etc. I too would stick with BA parts. Google PartsTown. BM23 stats run ~$35.

Comment

Working...
      X