Bad coldplate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad coldplate?

This is only the 2nd 1/4 barrel in my new kenmore. With the 1st barrel the whole entire cold plate on the inside back wall had a thin layer of frost on it which is normal. With this 2nd barrel, however, only the bottom half of the cold plate has a little bit of frost on it and the top half is completely bare. Does this mean that the entire cold plate isn't getting cold like it should? I've been debating on whether I should take this unit back to sears or not.

It sounds to me like the evaporator (cold plate) is not filling with refrigerant. Watch it closely for any changes or temperature rise. It is rare for there to be a leak in a new unit but not unheard of.

My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
      It sounds to me like the evaporator (cold plate) is not filling with refrigerant. Watch it closely for any changes or temperature rise. It is rare for there to be a leak in a new unit but not unheard of.

A couple of days ago the temperature was 31-36F (air temp). Now it's 31-38F. 38F before the compressor kicks on.

Comment

Working...
      X