censorship on this site !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• censorship on this site !!

I do not expect this post to last long...but will post it any way for the few that can see it..

I joined this site looking for help with my Danby Kegerator. I found much information that helped me greatly. I contributed much back in the form of simple information repeated that I read in other posts. I reached the status of senior member. I made the mistake of referencing an ad on E-bay for a cooling tower fan. I was warned by Scott Z not to reference E-bay ads!. OK
    I understood they do not want advertising for other products on their web site. Even though the rules do not state that and they do not offer the item.
    So I did not directly reference the item any more.
    There was a post from a user referencing this item and I commented on it with out promoting it. I was warned again

Each time the whole thread was deleted, all info lost , even that this did not contain this item.

Weeks later a thread popped up that contained a reference to this product...I cringed since I did not start it.

I watched as this thread continued for over a week with many posts. Some for and some against the product. I thought this thread has to dissapear as soon as Scott sees it. But it did not!

The post continued for over a week, but as soon as I made a comment (not referencing or promoting the product) I was banned from the site

I am typing this under an alias so to warn you all.

I thought this was an information site, any and all welcome!

I did not continue promoting the item even though it is an improvement for the Danby but was shut down anyway.

All beware of what you type because this site's moderator over reacts as to what you talk about. To think a multi million dollar company has to be afraid of a basement tinkerer that sells a few items on e-bay is sad !!

I will miss the advise and am sorry that people like this exist. I for one will find someone other than MM to buy my needs. SAD!!!

I am new here and have found it very helpful.
    I saw the post and checked out the item and even emailed you a question regarding hose diameter.
    I found your item very cool lol and have been all fired up to get one or make one myself.
    I hope you are not kicked, I think it may be hard to not reference ebay because we're all looking for a deal.

Great product nonetheless
    Beer is proof that GOD loves us and wants us to be happy

Comment

Shouldn't you be at the Post Office or something? j/k

Yeah, I also found it helpful and jumped on board as well (have yet to receive it). It's not like you are selling faucets, beer line, shanks, couplers, and etc.

Comment

Yeah, hard to believe my $49.00 bankrupts Micro Matic. Thank you all for your support !!!!Only trying to help my fellow kegerator owners with simple solutions to big problems. Scott is going to have a big one in the morning

Comment

I don't think it is so much censorship as poor form to sell your wares on another's site. BTW, I thought your e-bay deal wasn't too swuft of a deal and my post was deleted when I stated that in less than tactful terms.

I think most of us simply enjoy this site to promote proper serving of liquid bread. Selling things or making money is not what us users are here for.
          Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
          but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Originally posted by jodel6306 View Post
            I made the mistake of referencing an ad on E-bay for a cooling tower fan.
            Not only were you "referencing an ad" you were PM'ing others and "pointing them in the right direction" to YOUR PRODUCT

I understood they do not want advertising for other products on their web site. Even though the rules do not state that and they do not offer the item.
            If this site had a BUY/SELL thread, then I can understand your point of view as far as rules. This site is 100% funded by Micro Matic, and the rules are very flexible, doesn't take an idiot to realize what you were doing was totally wrong. But then again..........

There was a post from a user referencing this item and I commented on it with out promoting it.
            SUUURRRE Buddy... "....Oh, I have this product, and I can confirm that the tower does sweat" blah blah blah. Don't even get me started... I was one of the people to oppose your crap to begin with. I advised the original poster that this "device" could be replicated for MUCH cheaper. Yugo or Cadillac? ring a bell????

The post continued for over a week, but as soon as I made a comment (not referencing or promoting the product) I was banned from the site
            I wonder why genius..... you tried to passed yourself off as a consumer trying to play everyone else on this site.

I am typing this under an alias so to warn you all. I thought this was an information site, any and all welcome!
            Couldn't have said it better myself...this is AN INFORMATIONAL WEBSITE, not a personal marketplace......

All beware of what you type because this site's moderator over reacts as to what you talk about. To think a multi million dollar company has to be afraid of a basement tinkerer that sells a few items on e-bay is sad !!
            Pretty sad considering you promoted your crap based on ALL of the suggestions you received on this site....FREE OF CHARGE...

I will miss the advise and am sorry that people like this exist. I for one will find someone other than MM to buy my needs. SAD!!!
            Buddy, I'm sad that people like you exist....If I was a Moderator I would've banned your *** a long freaking time ago.

HAVE A NICE DAY
            When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

Comment

Dude you werent any different than the ****** pimps or the tennis shoe pimps. if you take my comment personally,sorry but thats how a lot of us see it. brianatkcdraft.

Comment

You were warned and had the opportunity to call me directly to discuss. You yourself are to blame for being banned, not the forum! If you choose to go to another company and participate in their forum in the same manner, fine. If you decide to participate in this forum, we welcome your comments. Just do not promote your product. It is that simply.
                Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

yeah right! "Referencing an e-bay ad". Referencing your own e-bay ad.

Forget trying to convince me otherwise, because your user ID LOCATION listed on this site was the exact same podunk town that ebay item was located in. You're nothing more than a spammer. I take that back, you're worse. You took an idea you got off THIS site and then tried to use THIS site to sell it to unsuspecting newbs.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Ah... I was wondering why he was pushing those so hard.

That is pretty low, like Cubby said, you ripped off the idea from this forum and tried to make a profit on it, at least be smart enough to leave well enough alone once you're busted.
                    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

no way

i saw your product on that site and i just made one for like $7 at home. you should have better marketing skills if you want to promote a product. and by that i mean not exploiting a great site like this one!
                      ....ONE KEG OF BEER FOR THE FOUR OF US......FOR ONE OF US COULD DRINK IT ALL ALONE.

Comment

I will come to your house and convert a refrigerator to a remote draw kegerator for $5000. You just provide the tools and equipment, and airfare.... Contact me at 1-800-IGOTALLIKNOWABOUTKEGERATORSFROMMICROMATIC. Best deal on the web!!

Comment

Originally posted by tappa kegga bud View Post
                          I will come to your house and convert a refrigerator to a remote draw kegerator for $5000. You just provide the tools and equipment, and airfare.... Contact me at 1-800-IGOTALLIKNOWABOUTKEGERATORSFROMMICROMATIC. Best deal on the web!!
                          HAHAHA ! ! !

Marketing an item that we all collectively helped build (for free)......Where are our royalty fees dammit????
                          When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

Comment

Just trying to fit in

I came here to try and get my pour on. Let's just chill and raise our glass to the beer brotherhood. Scott seems like a guy with answers and for a newbie I appreciate it. We shouldn't be trying to take advantage of each other...only helping each other to enjoy the great taste of that golden nectar we call beer. But hey don't listen to me...I just came here for the advise.

Sandman

Comment

Working...
                            X