Thermostat problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostat problems

Ok, I'm dealing with a micromatic kegerator. I have been maintaining 38F @ 14psi at sea level with Bud and nothing but perfect beer. I just came out here to the garage to pour myself a cold one, and the thermostat on the kegerator reads 16F. This is the 3rd time in 3 days I have found well below where I have it set. It seems that when I leave it for long periods the compressor kicks on and never shuts off. Once I open the door the compressor stops and it maintains normal again. Anyways, to my question. One, I'm assuming I am going to have to replace the thermostat, if its warranty is out of date(which I am checking now), so how exactly do I do it? Is it pretty simple? I mean, can a guy with minimal knowledge of electricity and wiring do it with no problem? Two, now that this keg has been frozen is it completely screwed? I don't want to lose whats left in it, but Im not sure if it will act right after having been frozen.

Define Micromatic kegerator. Is it a Beverage Air or something other? What is the model #. Anyway, most thermostats are easily replaced. They usually have just two wires & it doesn't matter which wire goes where. The only other thing is to place the cap tube sensor where the old one was - no big deal. Generally if the unit is over a year old it is out of warranty for small parts but it can vary.

Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 07-27-2008, 06:24 PM.
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I lied in my original post, not a micromatic kegerator. It is a Danby. Anyways, I called Danby and it is still under warranty. They are sending a technician over here to my house to check it out tomm. Apparently, it has an error code that means the circuit boards are not communicating with each other. Sad to say me keg has been frozen solid for almost a week now. I unplugged the kegerator 2 days ago to let it thaw, and once everything was at room temp. I plugged it back in. Next evening, frozen solid again. Basically I have half a keg completely wasted due to their kegerator malfunctioning. I'm going to talk to a supervisor at danby and see if they will pay for the keg. So, #1 question is....if this guy shows up tomorrow and fixes it, is my keg still going to pour good, quality beer? Is this keg pretty much wasted like I am assuming? Any input is appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X