When tower cooling is not possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When tower cooling is not possible

My tap comes out of my fridge. I don't see a way of cooling it at all.

Some posts suggest using long lengths of hose works well. About 11' to 15' of 3/16 hose is what some are using.

I guess my question is, can I compensate for temperature by using abnormally long hose line?
    My fridge chills to about 40 degrees, but the tap is anyone's guess. I'd bet it's higher by more than a few degrees over fridge temperature.

If it comes directly out of the fridge you shouldn't have much of a temperature loss. The problem with towers is that they are separated from the cooling. You don't have that problem.
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Like ICEMAN said, door taps aren't prone to temp problems like the tower taps are. Also, 11 to 15 feet is WAY too much beer line. Start with 7 and trim back from there, otherwise you'll be waiting forever to get a beer out of it.

Try to get a good reading of your liquid temp and go from there, an extra long line won't affect temps one way or another... especially inside a conversion fridge like that.
      Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Just to be sure i didn't have any problems with my fridge conversion i got a 6 inch shank so the cold could be conducted to the faucet. Not sure if it really helps but it seemed to make sense at the time.

Comment

Working...
        X