Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostat Contacts??

Hey guys,

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but figured I'd check with you all before jumping to conclusions.

Basically I was wondering if the wiring to the thermostat matters. I have a BM23 and it froze over last week. as I was defrosting it I pulled the plate off the back. Well the thermostat's wires were frozen in a chunk of ice and were disconnected from the thermostat. I simply plugged them back in when I was ready to go without really thinking about it.

But now it seems like the compressor keeps running on a setting of 4. I've had a repair man look at it before all this (when I first got it) and he said all looked good and he also cleaned it out for me. So I don't suspect dirty coils or anything like that.

I have replaced the thermostat since I got it and it seems to be holding strong at 36-38* but the compressor is all ways running. could reversing the wires on the back of the thermostat cause this?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

It makes no difference where the wires go on the control. You might just have a problem with the control itself. If it never shuts off, that is why things froze up.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Awesome! Thanks Ice Man

Comment

Working...
      X