Drilling 2nd c02 line in Danby DKC645bls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drilling 2nd c02 line in Danby DKC645bls

Good evening everyone, just bought my Danby from Sams and am looking to put 2 sixtels inside but as we all know this Danby only has 1 c02 hole available. My question is where would be a good spot to put the 2nd hole? I was thinking next to the 1st hole but wanted a little feedback before I start drilling and mess something up. Thanks everyone. Cheers

Are you making this hole to add another Co2 bottle? You can use two regulators on one bottle and set them for separate pressure. You would only need a whole separate bottle if you are going to run one tank Co2 and another a nitrogen mix for guiness.

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't go drilling away in your brand new kegerator unless you really have to. Make sure it works the way you want it to before you void the warranty.

Comment

You can split the CO2 line inside the kegerator without having to drill another hole. If you need seperate pressures you can put secondary regulators inside.
        "If you tap it, they will come."

Comment

Well, here is what I thought I was going to do, purchased a dual MM dual c02 regulator so each keg would have there own pressure if need be, using one 20# tank outside. Any thoughts?

Comment

Well there has got to be a way to change out the Co2 line, pull out the line and inspect the hole. If you do not see any eminent obstructions you could probably just bore the hole out little by little till you can fit both lines, you will have to seal it back up with foam though and it might not look good. Also I know with a refrigerator you can look under it to see where the coils are and drill where ever the coils aint.

I forgot you have to run two lines

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Manstroke View Post
              Well there has got to be a way to change out the Co2 line, pull out the line and inspect the hole. If you do not see any eminent obstructions you could probably just bore the hole out little by little till you can fit both lines, you will have to seal it back up with foam though and it might not look good. Also I know with a refrigerator you can look under it to see where the coils are and drill where ever the coils aint.

I forgot you have to run two lines
              Yeah, that was one of my thoughts as well. Thanks for your thoughts.

Comment

Lets get real crazy. How about running the one line from the Co2 into the kegerator and have two pressure regulators inside the kegerator splitting off into the kegs? I bet someone has done it like that before.

Comment

One more thought

If I'm not too late to tag on here --- what about using two short lenghts of copper or plastic tubing in the original hole? They should both fit in the ID of the single hole. Seal with duct seal or other sealer.

Comment

Working...
                  X