Missing Beer!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Beer!!!!

This is the weirdest thing ever. I got my keg hooked up yesterday afternoon and then went to meet a friend at the bar(have to go out sometimes). A few hours later my wife called and said that she went to get a beer and nothing came out but air?? I got a few beers out of it before I left and it is a brand new keg. So I got home about midnight, not exactly sober and heard hissing. I saw the tap was half open and the co2 cannister was all frosty. So being drunk I just shut off the co2 and closed the tap. I got up this morning went to see what was wrong with it and my keg is EMPTY!!!! Can someone please tell me what happened? I had the PSI at 12, no leaks, PSI is still holding at around 12. Seeing tomorrows graduation party is for my brother he can now buy a new keg but I need to know what happened so I don't do it again. Any and all help will be very helpful.

Thank you from a sad sad man.

Originally posted by gphillipsjr View Post
    This is the weirdest thing ever. I got my keg hooked up yesterday afternoon and then went to meet a friend at the bar(have to go out sometimes). A few hours later my wife called and said that she went to get a beer and nothing came out but air?? I got a few beers out of it before I left and it is a brand new keg. So I got home about midnight, not exactly sober and heard hissing. I saw the tap was half open and the co2 cannister was all frosty. So being drunk I just shut off the co2 and closed the tap. I got up this morning went to see what was wrong with it and my keg is EMPTY!!!! Can someone please tell me what happened? I had the PSI at 12, no leaks, PSI is still holding at around 12. Seeing tomorrows graduation party is for my brother he can now buy a new keg but I need to know what happened so I don't do it again. Any and all help will be very helpful.

Thank you from a sad sad man.
    Unless David Copperfield lives next to you, the beer had to go somewhere. Do you have a drain under the tap? If so, sounds to me like somebody forgot to shut the tap off completely. Or maybe your wife really resents the fact that you have a keg and emptied it into the drain for you. Where do you keep the kegerator? Is it in a garage? Maybe a neighborhood prankster took all your beer.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

I don't know

I keep it in my kitchen so it is close to my deck and I can wheel it out there for parties. There was some beer on the bottom of the kegerator inside and my drip pan was full but it was a FULL keg that had just been tapped that afternoon. If the tap was left on, my entire kitchen floor would have been flooded. I am so confused. I am suspicious a little bit that my brother came over and he took it and put in a used one to f*** with me but that is very unlikely. I don't know if I will ever figure out what happened.

Comment

Mice.

They are well known beer thieves.
        My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
        "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
        -Dave Barry-
        "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
        Strong beer is the milk of the old."
        -Martin Luther-

Comment

Originally posted by gphillipsjr View Post
          I keep it in my kitchen so it is close to my deck and I can wheel it out there for parties. There was some beer on the bottom of the kegerator inside and my drip pan was full but it was a FULL keg that had just been tapped that afternoon. If the tap was left on, my entire kitchen floor would have been flooded. I am so confused. I am suspicious a little bit that my brother came over and he took it and put in a used one to f*** with me but that is very unlikely. I don't know if I will ever figure out what happened.
          So it's a stand alone kegerator... yeah, beer would be everywhere.

There's really only two options here. SOMEONE either drained your keg, or as you said, someone replaced it with an empty to mess with you. You say your wife called you to tell you that it was empty.... I'm no D i c k Tracy, but I know who I'd interrogate first if I were you. Sounds to me like she wanted to make sure you noticed it was empty when you got home.
          Last edited by cubby_swans; 06-20-2008, 08:26 AM.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Whenever I tell stories that include "I was drunk" and "something weird happened", nobody ever takes me seriously.

But seriously, you need to find the dude that stole your keg. Also make sure your wife isn't helping him!

Comment

If it was a mouse,

it would have to be six feet tall. And he's nowhere near Disney.
              SEAN
              I cool my tower with Beer.
              http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...-cid-2297.html

Comment

Originally posted by bonefish View Post
                it would have to be six feet tall. And he's nowhere near Disney.
                SEAN
                In that case I would check for a dog that is severely slurring his words & can't stop peeing.
                My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
                "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
                -Dave Barry-
                "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
                Strong beer is the milk of the old."
                -Martin Luther-

Comment

Maybe someone had a kegger at your house while you were gone??

You're positive the keg is empty, as in very light, correct? If you are all out of C02, then you won't get any beer out even if the keg is still full.

Comment

Your wife must have had a long week at work...
                    "because, without beer, things do not seem to go as well..."
                    Brother Epp, 1902

Comment

screwing with me

Well I found out yesterday it was a big joke. My brother took the keg to his house and replaced it with his empty one. Then he brought it back for the party so it's all good. I will get him back eventually.

Comment

I was waiting...

to hear how this turned out. Go get some 400lb. monofilament (fishing line), and tie his car to every mailbox on the street. Or at least to his garbage can.
                        SEAN
                        I cool my tower with Beer.
                        http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...-cid-2297.html

Comment

Originally posted by bonefish View Post
                          Go get some 400lb. monofilament (fishing line), and tie his car to every mailbox on the street. SEAN
                          That would be GREAT!

Comment

Working...
                          X