Date on kegs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date on kegs?

On bud light and coors light there is a date sticker on the keg, is that the born on date or is that the exp. date?

Thanks

Yes. The beer will be very fresh up till that date.
    "because, without beer, things do not seem to go as well..."
    Brother Epp, 1902

Comment

Really, I have been getting my kegs from hy-vee b/c its close to my house, but for instance I went to get one today and the date said June 2.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, AB is the only one that uses a "Born On" date. The rest are "use by". But don't quote me.
        My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
        "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
        -Dave Barry-
        "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
        Strong beer is the milk of the old."
        -Martin Luther-

Comment

I picked up a keg of coors light last week and the date was two months into the future.

Comment

Bought a 1/2 keg of Coors Light yesterday and the date was Aug 21 2008.

Comment

Hey, I told you guys not to quote me.
              My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
              "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
              -Dave Barry-
              "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
              Strong beer is the milk of the old."
              -Martin Luther-

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
                If I'm not mistaken, AB is the only one that uses a "Born On" date. The rest are "use by". But don't quote me.
                I varies from brewer to brewer. I picked up a 1/6 of O'Fallon 5 day IPA and a 1/6 of Arcadia Ales IPA. Both had a 'born on' date. The O'Fallon was only 5 days old! When I get my Boulevard Wheat, it has a use by date on it. I know AB has used the "born on date" on bottles and kegs for years now.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

The born on date from AB is the date plus 110 days, thats when it should be pulled of the shelf. Codes on a miller keg are like this 06108. This means the month, day, and last # of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by millermike View Post
                    The born on date from AB is the date plus 110 days, thats when it should be pulled of the shelf. Codes on a miller keg are like this 06108. This means the month, day, and last # of the year.
                    Your saying that the beer is good 110 days from the date on the AB or that the date is 110 from the the day it was made?

Comment

110 or so days for cans and bottles but for kegs - closer to 55 days.
                      Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

For Yuengling Lager they told me 45 days. There is a code on top of the keg that starts with a two digit year and a three digit date based on the Julian calendar. So Jan 1 2008 would be 08 001. If anyone was interested.
                        "No soldier can fight unless he is properly fed on beef and beer."
                        -John Churchill, First Duke of Marlborough

Comment

Working...
                        X