Wheat Beers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheat Beers

Now that its warming up here, i wanted to pick up a keg of wheat beer. I've heard that you have to keep flipping the keg so the sediment can move from the top to bottom on a regular basis. Does anyone know of this? I'm not home all the time so that may become a factor. The two beers i'm thinking of are Hoegaarden and Blanche de Chambly.

I wouldn't worry about it. Those two beers I don't believe are going to get their flavor character from the suspended yeast like a Bavarian hefeweizen. And while you are gone and unable to agitate the sediment, it isn't going to go bad from settling. Just give it a shake a few hours before sering if you want to keep it cloudy.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

thanks Psycho, i picked up the Blanche and brought it home upside down, of course when i asked the people at the Beer Store how to properly dispense their product i got blank stares. I even called Sleeman's, the Ontario distributor, and received no answer. Anyways i'm running 38 degrees at 14 psi and i plan on untapping and rolling it around once a week to see how that goes. Thanks for the reply.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Misterworst View Post
        thanks Psycho, i picked up the Blanche and brought it home upside down, of course when i asked the people at the Beer Store how to properly dispense their product i got blank stares. I even called Sleeman's, the Ontario distributor, and received no answer. Anyways i'm running 38 degrees at 14 psi and i plan on untapping and rolling it around once a week to see how that goes. Thanks for the reply.

Cheers!

Beer store people are usually useless when it comes to that information, as it's not their product. They're just selling it. Distributors seem to suck, in my opinion, in responding to questions from individual consumers as well. E-mail or call the actual brewery. They are the ones who want you to enjoy their product so that you'll buy more. I've always received timely responses from breweries in regards to what pressure and temp settings they recommend for their beer(s).

Home Brew IPA

Comment

This product (Interbrew) is referred to as a "refermented" beer. The carbonation specification is 2.8 v/v with a range of .4 on either side. Due to the refermentation in the package, the carbonation level can be difficult to dial in since it has a significant range. Also, the specification is in the high range meaning it will be temperamental.

We are in the process of consulting with Interbrew as to the best practice for dispensing as they are committed to assuring that their products are enjoyed as intended.

At this time, you may want to begin dispensing at 18 PSIG with 10 to 12 feet of 3/16" beer line. Hopefully you will not require additional PSIG since the carbonation could raise in the +3 range. Let us know how this works out.
          Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Working...
          X