torn keg seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• torn keg seal

Been lurking for a while and recently i have been searching like never before! - I have a keg of Yuengling i jsut tapped and after replacing everything, i finally took out the keg and inspected the seal onto of the Keg- part of the shoulder is missing sure enough- here are some pics, hard to see, but on the lower right portion of the seal there is a 1/4 portion of the shoulder missing- unfortunatly, we cant get kegs of yuengling in Gerogia.,....so i get to drive the 4 hours back to Alabama and swap it out...hopefully!! but i thought i would post this so show anyone else who might search for a reason they pour only foam and there is a HUGE amount of air in the supply line- thanks for everything!!

Thanks for pointing this out. Not only do these seals have to be good, but the ones in the coupler do to or the co2 can mix with the beer in the line. No amount of fighting pressure or temperature will get around this.

Too bad you have to drive so far for your beer of choice. You may want to see what some of Georgia's brew pubs have to offer. Georgia Brewpubs and Microbreweries
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

In a last ditch effort, i cut a little piece of flat o-ring about the size of the missing piece and dabbed some Gorilla Glue on it, snuck up with the sanky and caught it at the right angle....whola! I can at least get beer out of it without it being all foam...still have to get a new one, but it helps in a pinch

Thanks

Comment

Faucet washer

Not sure if you have an extra one of these (click on replacement parts - part #8), but place this over top of the keg seal, then tap the keg with the coupler. It creates a false seal which allows you to empty the keg. It's better than using a glue or sealant which could get into your beer or gas supply.
        make sure you let the sales folks know when you return the keg so it gets fixed.
        Draught Prophets
        www.draughtprophets.ca

Comment

Working...
        X