Bad Keg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Keg?

OK I''ve now had my kegerator for over 5 years and have gone through many a keg, mostly domestics (Miller Light and Coors Light). I just got this new keg 2 weeks ago and have been having non-stop issues.

The keg I purchased was a Miller Light keg. The problems I am having are:

1. FOAM, and alot of it. I have turned the pressure down to 2-3lbs and all I get is foam. Even when I shut off of the CO2 and released the pressure on the tap pressure-release pin overnight then turned the CO2 back to 2-3 lbs but no luck... Just FOAM and more FOAM

2. I made sure I cleaned the beer lines and adjusted the temp.... still FOAM

3. Worst of all the beer tastes terrible! Like it is "skunked".

I have NEVER had this problem before. Could this be a bad keg? I'm stumped other than returning it to the vendor for a new one. I've barely gotten 2 pitchers out of it in 2 weeks.

Thoughts?

Thanks for any help!!!!

Please email me. rkokoski@foxdentechllc.com

I had a keg like that once that the store I bought from took back. Before taking it back though, you may want to check the skirt washer on your coupler. If it is damaged it can let the co2 into the beer line as you are dispensing.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

You say you set the temp, but have you verified that it isn't swinging wildly or that it's actually cooling like it's supposed to? I just got through fighting wild foaming problems. I cleaned everything twice before I realized that the unit wasn't cooling like it should.

Comment

Working...
      X