Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where the Heck Do I get a Liquid Thermometre??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where the Heck Do I get a Liquid Thermometre??

Can someone help me? I need to know where in the Toronto area I can pick one up! I've been to various grocery stores, cooking stores and drug stores. NOTHING.

Here is the problem. I have two thermometres. One is a digital readout with a probe, the other is an old fashion analog. Digital reads at least 6deg higher than the analog (so Digital reads 40deg - analog reads 34deg). So, I need to do a liquid test and can't find a thermometre which is safe to put in the cup of water I have in my kegerator.

Help!

DD.
    "Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of good beer."

Go the a pet store. They will have liquid thermometre in the fish and aquarium section.

Comment

What I would do before buying a new thermometer is check the accuracy of the two you have now (which is what I think you are wanting to do). Put the digital and the analog thermometers in an ice bath to see where you are at.
      Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
      but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

to add to psychodad's comment. A cup full of ice and topped off with water will read 32 degrees. Be sure to let the temp come down by hanging on fro 15 minutes or so and then getting a reading. Also you can find a dial type thermometer which is safe to stick in the glass of water and most cooking stores or you can order them on this site.
        Ed
        Blue Line Draft Systems
        www.bluelinedraft.com

Comment

Thanks!. Didn't think of the pet store. I ended up just getting an outside/inside thermometre. It agrees with my analog one. I have a constant 38-39deg now. Beer pours good, little foam at start because of the tower is not cooled (will be soon).

Thanks again!
          "Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of good beer."

Comment

Working...
          X