Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coupling washer question

Hey guys,

I've recently noticed some foaming around my coupler, so when I went to clean my system, I noticed that the washer was split and damaged. I went to the local hardware store and bought a bibb gasket with the same dimensions thinking that I could just replace it with that, but I didn't realize until I got home that it was not a washer made out of the standard neoprene composite, but of a hard rubber that caused my line to foam even worse.

Do these washers typically go out often? Do you usually just stockpile a bunch from MM for such an event? I haven't even been able to retap my keg since last night, and I fear for the freshness of my beer from lack of CO2.

always have extra washers laying around.
    buy from micromatic.

Comment

Originally posted by bkw View Post
      always have extra washers laying around.
      buy from micromatic.
      I am going to order a dozen or so from MM, but that doesn't solve my Thanksgiving dilemma...I just went and bought one I hope will work...

Comment

It won't help you for Thanksgiving, but if the keg is properly carbonated it will hold the carbonation fine until you can reconnect the coupler.
        Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
        but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Working...
        X