3 keg system question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 keg system question

i have a capability to run 3 kegs in my fridge. can i run them all at the same pressure? just drinking lagers. thought i read somewhere that if one keg is near empty and the other is full you might have a problem. that does not make sense to me but who knows. any info would be great.
    thanks.

I run 3 kegs (5 gallon corny/homebrew kegs) from a single Co2 tank/single regulator. Unless you have 3 regulators, all the kegs will be at the same pressure set from the regulator.

Should be OK if all the beers are the same type. Best way to do it is set up a gas manifold that will distribute the Co2 to all three kegs.

Comment

In that system, assuming all the runs are the same length and temp is the same, volumes of CO2 in the beer determine the pressure needed to push the beer to the faucet and pour properly. Since most domestic lagers have approximately the same fizz, you will be able to accomplish that with a manifold. It will be a compromise on the primary regulator setting to get all 3 to pour perfectly, but they should pour well enough.
      Happy Tappy Draft Beer Services
      Serving Mid-Michigan and beyond

Comment

Working...
      X