Bubbles in Beer Line....New Keg Yuengling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bubbles in Beer Line....New Keg Yuengling

I just put a new keg of Yuengling Beer into my kegerator. Temp is around 36-37...thats been working fine. Pressure is between 10-12psi. Before I put in the new keg I used the beer line cleaning kit to flush out the lines. So everything is clean.

I have now realized one thing....How I cleaned the coupler and faucet....I took apart the faucet, but not the coupler. I just let the coupler soak in the keg cleaning kit mixture in the barrel, then soaked in cold water. Could that be an issue? Not taking apart the keg coupler?

For now i've dissconnected the coupler from the keg. If its recommended i'll dissassemble and clean in the morning.

Now...are the bubbles present because its a freshly tapped keg, coupler not being disassembled during cleaning, or something else?. It did make a bump on the floor before I put it in. So if I wait 1 hr or 2 will everything return to normal? There are now large air pockets not little bubbles. And if it doesn't what should I do??? THANKS for the HELP

Sorry for the long post....just trying to get this thing to work....I'm just glad for the long weekend, cannot use it tonight...so tomorrow night hopefully will be working amazingly
    Last edited by Myers04d; 09-01-2007, 06:27 PM.

Still need help

Well, I decided to take apart coupler tonight....it only took 20min and I took it apart and cleaned it and flushed the line out with cold water also.

Now....there are still bubbles in the beer-line???? I am at a loss of what to do....hopefully someone can help. THANKS
    Last edited by Myers04d; 09-02-2007, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Check with Yuengling to see what it should be carbonated at. Most brewers will have this information on their webite or will have a "Contact Us" link where you can ask questions. Your co2 may be set too low allowing the gas to break out in the line.
      Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
      but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

I had my last keg of Yuengling set at 10psi and it was fine. If I troubleshoot and gradually turn the psi up a little bit...if thats the issue...will the bubbles dissappear?

Comment

Pictures Added

I just went to check the beerline for bubbles (just left it overnight waiting for a reply.) Large air bubbles still there, so I just pressed the pressure release button for about 3sec and filled a cup of beer. The bubbles dissapeared. I thought everything was gonna be alright.

Also now, the psi is set to 10. Their now seems to be very very small bubbles sometimes,they are combining to make large bubbles. and there is a lot of foam and the Yuengling seems to have a bitter aftertaste.

Did I just ruin my fresh keg of yuengling over this????

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am guessing the issue is with the coupler. Does it matter which way (clockwise or counter) you turn the coupler before engaging it???

Someone give me some good answers please!!!
          I have added pictures...some questions I have....on the actual keg on the top metal ring there seems to be a notch...is that normal? Could it be the keg for all these problems.

And the ice formation on that metal plate in the back...I have been opening and closing the door more then normal...but the beer line isnt frozen so i'm not to worried about freezing the beer. THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Myers04d; 09-02-2007, 02:27 PM. Reason: Adding Pictures

Comment

Try setting the CO2 pressure up to about 12-14. Also make sure the gasket on your coupler is clean. Make sure the coupler is fully engaged on the keg.

Comment

Originally posted by schmido View Post
              Try setting the CO2 pressure up to about 12-14. Also make sure the gasket on your coupler is clean. Make sure the coupler is fully engaged on the keg.
              How can the coupler not be fully engaged on the keg if it is tapped? Do you mean the coupler may not be turned as far as it should?? I would just guess that you wouldn't be allowed to tap the keg if it wasn't. Thanks for the reply.....

Comment

Make sure the coupler is turned clockwise as far as it will go before tapping the keg.

Comment

I'm pretty sure its turned as far as it will go. Is it that big of a deal if I untap and retap the keg....like will anything happen to the beer?

And before untapping a keg should i turn off the co2?

Thanks for all the help....most bubbles have seemed to go away. Just seems to be about 1 or 2 in the whole line. Turn the pressure up a bit more? Beer is coming out fast, but the draw is perfect.....1in of foam. Goes away quickly though?

Comment

The head going away quickly is likely your glass. Search for beer clean glass.
                    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
                    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Working...
                    X