• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad beer?

beer problems 001.jpg

beer problems 002.jpg

beer problems 005.jpg

I have a 1/6 keg of sam summer, temp has been left around 36-40, pressure @ 12 lbs with 5' of line in a new micromatic conversion kit in a new fridge. I am down to 1/4 of keg left and am having lots of foam @ pour ( 1/2 of glass ) which dissipates quickly, but today i noticed a slightly bitter taste, could this be co2? I tapped keg 8-10-07 so it is not to old please help, I am in richmond va, beer has an after taste of alcohol could it have gone bad in such a short period, there are also around 10 tiny bubbles in beer line please see pics of setup

I'm betting the foam is a result of the large air bubble in your line. Check all your connections in your beer line, tap and faucet. As for the taste, some beers are more delicate than the A-B, Coors and Miller products and may spoil faster. But no more time than you have on this keg, I'd think it something else. Are your lines and faucet clean? You do have two weeks on them and I try to clean mine every two weeks if not every week.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Working...
    X