HELP!! Danby Foam Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! Danby Foam Issues

I bought a Danby Chill and Tap a month ago, and have been attempting to make improvements the whole time with no luck. I installed a blower, and a new thermostat, which took control of the compressor away from Danby. I increased the size of the hole in the top to 3 1/2". The tower is chilled by the blower and 2" pvc tubing. The beer line runs in the pvc tube all the way to the shank. I get a liquid temp reading of about 36 degrees inside the kegerator. But for some reason my first two pours are still all foam, then perfect beer. The temp of the first to pours is usually around 45 degrees, then the perfect beer (I am guessing this beer is directly from the keg) is about 38 degrees. I also removed the top of the tower and took the air temp of the air being blown through the pvc tubing, it read 35 degrees. My tower and tap has an excessive amount of condensation. I am at a complete loss and the wife is ready to kill me for all of the cash in upgrades that just won't work! Please help!?!
    Attached Files

The sweating on the tower is likely due to insulation. Your pictures seem to show there being none in the tower. Also looking at that last picture, I'm thinking alll those bubbles are causing your foam problems. Check the skirt washer on the tap, make sure your faucet is tight, all your beer line connections are tight and that your check ball in the tap is working.

And tell your wife to relax. You could be buying your beer at the strip club. think how expensive that would be.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

The temperature of the first 2 pours should not be 45 degrees with that cooling set up. With the tower top on can you feel the return air coming out the bottom of the tower? The blower may be trying to move too much air up the tube and the back pressure is stalling airflow on the blower vanes. You may need to add about a 1" opening in the tube near the blower to reduce back pressure. Plus this will circulate air in the unit. You don't need alot of air flow to cool the beer line. And insulate the tower to stop condensation.

Comment

So I checked all of the fittings, and made sure everything was tight. I also checked to make sure there is return air coming into the cabinet. I added insulation to the tower. The only problem that was corrected was the condensation. I am still receiving major glasses of foam. I have come to the conclusion that there is a leak somewhere in my line, because the line always contains air bubbles. The keg coupler does not contain any type of ball that is visible from the outside. Is it possible that this ball is inside or did Danby give me a POS coupler. Is there anyway to check each component of the system to see where the air is getting in?

Comment

Search for keg balancing, not just on this site but google it too. The air bubbles likely are co2 separating from the beer.
          Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
          but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Working...
          X