BM-23 won’t get colder than 42F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BM-23 won’t get colder than 42F

Hi, recently my evaporator froze up twice. A few weeks ago I replaced the thermostat and now the kegerator is cooling but will only go down to 42F. Could I have gotten a faulty thermostat? Anything else I should look at? I am the original owner and the unit is 10+ years old. Thanks!

A good place to start would be to remove the back panel and make sure the condenser coil is free of dust and dirt. The cooler can’t operate efficiently if it’s not kept clean, a bit like being wrapped in a warm fuzzy blanket. Hope that helps!

Comment

Thank you - it is very clean. I cleaned the coil thoroughly when troubleshooting my previous issues with freezing up a month ago. Any other ideas?

Comment

It's possible that the thermostat you replaced could be faulty or not calibrated correctly. To determine if this is the issue, you can try using a separate thermometer to measure the temperature inside the kegerator and compare it to the thermostat's reading. If there is a significant difference, it may indicate a problem with the thermostat.Flappy Bird

Comment

Working...
        X