TDB True Kegerator not cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDB True Kegerator not cooling

I thought I had a Freon leak which isn't the case. The HVAC guy came and spent 6 hours and did not find any leaks at all. The Kegerator cooled down to 34 degrees and turned off once it hit the temperature and seemed like it was working fine as normal. We left the doors open to make the compressor turn on again to make sure everything was fine and then when the compressor tried to turn on but I heard a few licks like if it was trying to turn but didn't. I unplugged it over night and this morning it seemed to be working fine as I was loading it with beer cans it got warm and the compressor again had trouble kicking in. I let it rest for an hour or two and the compressor turns on but does not cool down below 55 degrees but the compressor continues to run as it the temp stays at 55. We installed a new thermostat but after researching the forums here I read that it might be the capacitor and or Relay. Is this something I should be able to do myself? I have no experience in this LOL.. Or I can call the Hvac guy he works after his shift and doesn't charge like a company would. True TDB-24-48-1-G-1 - this is my kegerator
    Last edited by Gdubss31; 03-01-2021, 03:50 PM.

The guy must have the patience of a saint. You could bounce what happened off of him and see what he says, then make a call on doing it yourself or having him come back. Not to cast a shadow on his abilities, but anyone that is in service and looks at something for 6 hours and it still isn’t right sort of raises a red flag.
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

He's been in the industry for 25 years so he knows his way around, took everything apart and did everything he could to try and locate a leak. I'll keep an plugging it in in the am and at night to see if if keeps doing the same thing and reach out to him at the end of the week since that's what he asked after he left. I am hoping it's just something small like a bad relay or capacitor since the compressor continues to run.

Comment

Here is an update:

He ended up replacing the Drier i believe that is what it's called. It was clogged a bit. He installed the starter kit that has been mentioned on this forum as well. The compressor starts up for 5 minutes then shuts down for 5 minutes and that's what it continues to do but I only left it on for 2 hours to see if it would change it's pattern. It is cooling down and eventually hits 36-38 degrees, the HVAC guy said the compressor is about 15 yrs old and it might need replacing and he can get one for around $150 at his price and would charge me around $120 to install it. Should I continue to run the kegerator as is for a while or just get a new compressor? djc

Comment

I’d run it until it doesn’t run. No need to spend ahead if you don’t have to.
          What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Thank you djc , I will continue to use it as until it no longer runs and give updates when/if I have any in the future. I can finally get me a keg, haven't purchased one since last October. Cheers!!!

Comment

Working...
            X