Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regulator creep only on new keg

Hello,
    I have a Kegerator running commercial kegs. Everything was good until I got my most recent keg. As soon as I tapped the new keg the regulator pressure started creeping up to around 22. It's set at about 16 for a Pilsner and I'm at 6000 ft. My initial thought was that the beer was over carbed causing the regulator pressure to go up but I could still pour a beer without getting much foam and when drinking it, the beer was carbonated but not even close to what it would taste like if it were carbed at 22 psi. I kept thinking it was an issue with the regulator and was reading other threads here about disconnecting the gas line and turning the gas on and purging the regulator to make sure there was no debris, which I did with no success. My CO2 tank was low so I replaced that as well but that didn't fix the issue either. Finally I moved the coupler from the full keg back to the previous keg which was mostly empty but still pressurized at about 16 PSI. I let it sit for a few hours and sure enough the pressure stayed put at 16. I then moved the coupler back to the full keg and the pressure jumped up to 22 again. I have since figured out that if I set the regulator to about 10 it will creep up to 16 where I want it but as soon as I pour a beer it drops down and then eventually creeps back up. That leads me to believe it's an issue with the keg and not my regulator and not the beer. Has anyone else experienced this? Do I need to go back to the store and get them to replace the keg or is there another possibility I'm not considering? Thanks in advance for your help!

Did you vent the new keg when you hooked it up?
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Yes, I vented the new and old kegs when I moved the coupler.

Comment

Where do you stand with this, still doing it?
        What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Funny timing for you to ask. It was still doing it and I had kind of gotten it settled down by setting my regulator at around 10 so that it would creep up to around 16 and it more or less stayed put so it wasn't causing too much of a problem anymore but the liquor store was happy to replace it and I literally just walked in the door with it. So I will let it settle for a while and tap it later and see what happens and report back.

Comment

Working...
          X