Over carbonated i think need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over carbonated i think need help

I have a keg of dos xx at 34 degrees and 12 psi, the keg was flat so for pst two days I cranked it to 20 to help recarbonate, because I would get foam but the beer was flat, now there is no foam and it taste way to carbonated but there are no bubbles in the line and no foam so I’m not sure what to do, any advice?

thanks in advance

What is 34 degrees, the beer or the air in the cooler? What brand of kegerator, how long is the beer line, what diameter beer line and do you have a tower cooler?
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

It’s a Danby kegerator the fridge is set at 37 degrees so I assume the beer is the same and I have roughly 5 1/2 ft of hose from beer to tap, no tower cooler and 5/32 hose size I believe

Comment

Can’t assume that temp is correct, you need to balance to the beer temp. Using a calibrated thermometer pour a pint in a room temp glass, dump or chug and pour another. Take the liquid temp without touching the glass. Temp and the V/V for the beer will tell you where the pressure should be. Your flat beer was because the CO2 was breaking out, the adjustment of pressure wasn’t the fix for that.

What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Working...
        X