Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pull tap but no beer - Tower shank issue??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pull tap but no beer - Tower shank issue??

Hi everyone,

Typically when I browse these forums I can typically find my answer to the problem.

Unfortunately this 1 I can't find. I went to pour a beer yesterday and pulled the tap and no beer came out. I kept pulling and pushing back and I would get little drops here and there. CO2 is filled, beer is filled. So since there was clearly no beer flowing through I removed the faucet from the tower shank. When doing that, typically would have a huge problem as the beer would just flow like a hose, but nothing happened. You could see that only little drips of beer was coming out of the shank.

Does anyone know what would cause this? Do I need to replace the shank or is there possibly a cleaning or something I can do? Typically I don't clean the shank, but clean the faucet and other components.

Thanks for any help.

Other than the basics like CO2 tank isn't on, gas ball valves shut, coupler isn't engaged... somethings that come to mind would be if the check ball in the coupler probe is stuck- put the coupler in a bucket and put a screwdriver or something similar through the bottom of the probe to free the check ball, and if you may have the wrong coupler. What beer are you tapping? If you have a Stella or something that requires an S coupler and you're using a D coupler, no beer would come out. Can you take any pictures of your setup?

Comment

How about a frozen beer line?
      What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Originally posted by djc View Post
        How about a frozen beer line?
        I actually thought about that as well that it could possibly be a frozen beer line. Yesterday I went and lowered the temp of the kegerator. Today pulled a ton off and had no problems. So hoping that that may have been the problem. The beer line didn’t appear frozen though which is why I didn’t think it could be that.

Comment

Working...
        X