Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeromar3
    replied
    It sounds like there may be an issue with the surge protector or the outlet that the kegerator was plugged into. It's possible that the surge protector is faulty and is causing the kegerator to turn off intermittently, or that the outlet is not providing a stable power supply.

Since you were able to run the kegerator for almost an hour without any issues when it was plugged directly into the outlet, it's possible that the surge protector was the source of the problem. It's also possible that there was a temporary issue with the power supply to the outlet that caused the problem, but this would be difficult to confirm without more information.

If the issue persists, you may want to try plugging the kegerator into a different outlet to see if the problem persists. If it does, it's possible that there is an issue with the kegerator itself, and you may need to have it inspected by a technician.
    Last edited by jeromar3; 08-11-2023, 12:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Gdubss31
    replied
    Update:

I bought another thermostat and after a few hours on dial 1 it finally cycles off once it hit 38 degrees. It's been 2 days and it's maintained 38-39 degrees inside the cabin. once I get a keg I'll change the dial to level 5 or so.

Leave a comment:

• Gdubss31
    replied
    Here is an update of what I've done over the last few months in order: djc
    • Replaced the thermostat
    • Freon Charge
    • Replaced the Capillary tubing
    • Replaced the Compressor
    • installed TXV Valve
    After the compressor would not turn on for more than 2 min and cycle off and it stopped getting cold, I ended up replacing the Compressor and my HVAC guy said since the compressor would shut off he said he would install a TXV valve. Now the compressor runs and it gets cold, BUT the problem now is the compressor won't cycle off. I've let it get down to 30 degrees before I turn it off to not damage anything. I tried removing one of the wire's on the thermostat control while it was running and like you mention last year that should shut off the compressor and it did. Do you think I need to replace the thermostat control again? Can I use one of those INK bird thermostat controllers instead? any idea's or recommendations would help. Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Gdubss31
    replied
    I'll inspect it this weekend but here is another update : I plugged into one of those power strips yesterday morning to see how it would work and so far it's working like normal. I will continue to monitor it and send updates.

Leave a comment:

• djc
    replied
    Can you find the thermostat and trace it’s wires just to check they are intact? If it were me once I was tracing the wires I would try to disconnect one leg and see if the compressor stops. I assume if it is getting no signal (wire disconnected) it shouldn’t run.

Leave a comment:

• Gdubss31
    replied
    How can I check if the thermostat is bad?? Last night I had it plugged in for about an hour but decided to unplug it just in case it didn't shut off so it wouldn't freeze my beer, when I touched the prongs on the plug they were super hot it actually burned me a bit LOL.

Leave a comment:

• djc
    replied
    Just a guess until someone who really knows steps in - I'd say bad thermostat. Clearly it is cooling. I think the extended run time is causing so much draw as the compressor heats up over time it kicks off the surge protector which is more sensitive than the breaker on your 110 outlet. The compressor isn't getting the message from the thermostat to shut off.

Leave a comment:

• Gdubss31
    replied
    An update, I unplugged the kegerator over night after it shut off again. the next morning I plugged it back into the surge protector and it ran normal for about 6 hours before the surge protector shut it down again. If anyone has experience this or has any knowledge on what the issue is please let me know.
    Last edited by Gdubss31; 08-12-2020, 06:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Gdubss31
    started a topic Compressor won't stop running

Compressor won't stop running

Last night I noticed my Kegerator was turned off. I reset the surge protector and the compressor turned on like normal. After the fridge hit 33 degrees I noticed the surge protector would turn on and I kept resetting and the same thing kept happening. I plugged in the kegerator straight to the outlet and the compressor was running for almost an hour and the kegerator temp was at 19 degrees so I turned it off. has anyone had this issue before? It's a TRUE TDB-24-48-G-1 as shown in my avatar picture.
Working...
X