Dos Equis co2 levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dos Equis co2 levels

Please help, can somebody translate the below email into volumes of CO2 for me?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for contacting HEINEKEN USA, the brewers of Dos Equis. A beer with such good taste, it’s chosen you to drink it.

We'd be more than happy to assist. Regarding your inquiry, the C02 content in Dos Equis beer is 0.46 %(m/V).

Please continue to enjoy our brands responsibly.

KEEP IT INTERESANTE,

Teresa
    HEINEKEN USA
    http://WWW.DOSEQUIS.COM
    877-522-5001

I'm not familiar with that unit. The sources I've found equate 1% m/v to 10g/l, so 4.6g/l in this case which would equal 2.35 vol CO2, but that seems low for XX. Anyone else?

Comment

I spec it out to 2.75 volumes and it pours very nice. I am still wholey confused by what the brewery is saying

Comment

Just looked it up out of curiosity. When we talk beer volumes of CO2 here we are talking about a concentration described as volume/volume of CO2. They gave you a concentration in mass/volume. We do know mass/volume, we just don't realize it. Blood alcohol levels are given in m/V, for instance 0.08% which is the DUI limit in most if not all places, is 0.08 grams of ethanol per 100mL of blood. I tried an on line converter and using the density of CO2 at 38F, it comes out to around 2.4. If it pours well, drink it. Even if it doesn't pour well, drink it.
        What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Working...
        X