Double Tap PSI for Different Beer Types

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Tap PSI for Different Beer Types

I have a kegco kegerator with a double tap and two 1/6 barrel kegs. One keg is Michelob Ultra and the other is COOP Horny Toad Blonde. It does only have a single regulator and I have the pressure set at 10psi with the internal temp at 35-36 degrees F. The Ultra pours great but the Coop barely comes out and is foamy. Do I need to adjust my pressure or do I need a dual regulator so I can have different pressures? I am a newby so I welcome any advice. Thanks!!

What are the beer liquid temps? Take them with a calibrated thermometer - pour a glass of beer, immediately dump it and pour another in the same glass. Don’t let the thermometer touch the sides and have it in liquid not foam. Also what do the beer lines look like a few minutes after you have poured a beer?
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Have you checked the ball in the coupler to ensure it is free and have you checked for a blockage or kink in the beer line? Check the faucet. At 10psi it should be running faster even if it's foam. Sound like a blockage to me.

Comment

I switched taps and re-seated everything. Beer flows great now but still foamy and a little flat with the Coop keg. The ultra keg pours great and does not taste flat. Internal temp of the kegerator is staying steady between 35-37 degrees. Pressure set for the Coop keg is right at 10 PSI.
        Last edited by Mindwhip; 06-18-2020, 08:33 AM.

Comment

You really need the liquid temp to do this right. You are also best served by getting a dual product regulator so you can tune the pressure for each side.
          What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Working...
          X