Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Couple Beers Always Foamy

Hello Everyone!

I recently bought my first kegerator. It is a dual tower kegerator and I bought a dual co2 regulator for it as well so I can have different pressures going to each keg.

The problem I am having is the first couple of beers every day are always foamy, which just is a waste. I then have to turn down the pressure and turn it back up again for the beers to start pouring properly. Other times, I have to set it at a different co2 pressure altogether.

Can anyone think of a reason for this? Is there something I am doing wrong?

Thank you!

Do you have a tower cooler?
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Hello!

I do not but that does make sense! If it's more than one beer that is having foaming issues each day would that still be the issue? I typically have to play with the CO2 pressure each day to get it to start to pour properly. Does that go back to the tower cooler?

Comment

Adjusting the pressure is not the correct thing to do. The correct thing to do is to properly balance the beer using the volumes of CO2 for the beer, the beer temperature and a force carbonation chart. You need to dial in the pressure based on the science. Then you need to get the beer to be the same temperature from the keg to the faucet. First beer foam is a warm tower. If the second beer is pulled right away and is also foam, that speaks to other problems like balance. If the second beer is pulled a half hour later and foams, that could still be a warm tower issue.
        What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Working...
        X