PET Keg Isssues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PET Keg Isssues

I am having an issue with a PET keg pouring. CO2 is not an issue. I have played with the pressure. I just took a keg off to make room for this one. It is the first time I have ever had a PET keg.

The beer will only pour if I continuously turn the white part that attaches to the coupler, or if I press down moderately hard on the coupler. Then the beer will pour. Very slowly and foamy.

I have had the keg for about 5 days, and have tried everything. I have 2 handles, and I have tried both. They both react the same way.

Can you post a couple of pictures of the top of the keg and the coupler?

Comment

PET kegs come with A, D or S fittings. I'd guess you don't have the coupler and keg matched.
      What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Thank you both for your comments.

I hope these pictures help.

Someone else mentioned to me personally the prongs on the coupler may not be long enough. The coupler does seem like a cheap one that came with the keg cooler.
        Attached Files

Comment

Where you are trying to show the probe deployed it isn’t locked in, so that is a deceiving picture and doesn’t really help us see if it is deploying far enough. Have you used this coupler before?
          are you screwing the coupler into the keg all the way until it hard stops?

Comment

I've seen this happen with some manufacturers of couplers and those PET kegs. Since the keg valve is flat, there are some couplers with shallower probes that don't fully engage the valve every if the coupler is the correct style. See if your distributor can provide you with a different coupler, or get some from Micromatic. Their couplers will work with those kegs.

Comment

***every=even***

Comment

Looking at the picture in the upper left - the handle isn’t fully deployed - you can still see the shelf the spring loaded plunger is supposed to lock into. If you pull up on your handle, does it pull the probe out, or is it locked in? It should be locked in such that you need to pull the handle back before it will move the probe. Your pic leads me to think you’re not in all the way and the probe isn’t at full travel and the spring loaded plunger isn’t engaged.

Comment

Working...
                X