Bud light keg help mostly foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bud light keg help mostly foam

My keg was doing just fine for a while. I now am getting about 75% foam on every pour. My beer is between 37-38 degrees and my psi is set to 12psi.. what do I need to do different? Like I said it was fine for about a week now it’s a disaster

When you say your beer is 37/38 degrees, how and where are you measuring that? What does the beer line look like after it has sat for a while - solid beer or pockets of CO2?
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

The temp I am messing is that actual beer temp right after the pour in a big mug. It seems like there is co2 pockets in the line after I pour

Comment

Seems like there are pockets? Can see them or are you guessing? If there are pockets it is saying you aren't balanced. I'd guess your pressure is too low and I'd guess that based on not having an accurate temperature. Using a calibrated thermometer and a pint glass, pour a beer, immediately chug or pour off, and then pour a second pint into the glass. Take the temp of the liquid without touching the sides. Then check a force carbonation chart using a v/v of 2.6. Long story short, if you want to ignore the science, add 2 or 3 psi and wait a day. The reason it was good and then shifted is that when you first got the keg it was balanced - temp and pressure were aligned. Once it got acclimated to your set up it shifted.

How long is your beer line?

Comment

Okay so after some more testing My beer is 37 degrees. I don’t have any large bubbles forming in my line. There are very small bubbles that flow through my line right after I pour. My beer line is 5 ft long. Sorry noob here!

Comment

The bubbles move to a high spot and create a pocket. I’d say add a few psi and wait a day and re evaluate. Once you have no bubbles, you might want to get longer line which will help reduce foaming caused by fast flow. If you pour a second beer right after the first one, is it foamy? Third one foamy? Do you have a tower cooler?

Comment

Yes it’s still foaming on the second. No I don’t have a cooler. I haven’t had these kind of problems with winter lager or lions paw.

Comment

Yes it’s still foaming on the second and third and so on. No I don’t have a cooler. I haven’t had these kind of problems with winter lager or lions paw.

Comment

Light beers are a little more finicky sometimes. Add a couple psi. Make a tower cooler it will make all your pours better.

Comment

Working...
                  X