Help with outdoor kegerator and jocky box combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with outdoor kegerator and jocky box combo

Hi, I live in Dallas where it gets hot. In my outdoor bar i built a 3 keg fridge that feeds into a jocky box and then to the 3 keg tower. I am having an issue with the beer being foamy and sputtering and the last 1/3 of all my Kegs comes out all foam. The fridge is 3' from the jockey box and the tower is 4' away. I am running 9lbs of gas but never runs properly. Any ideas?

Foaming is caused by temperature fluctuation. Cold beer into warm lines into a jockey box into a warm tower = foam.
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Thanks, but that is really not the issue. its freezing here right now and its not just foaming but sputtering. I am coming out of a fridge at 34 degrees, passing 3' of hose and entering the iced down jocky box and then 3.2' of hose to tower

Comment

Sputtering is the amped up version of foaming. It is CO2 that breaks out of solution because of the temperature differences. What does the beer in the lines look like? Pockets of CO2 I’m guessing. When those reach the faucet they cause a sputter. It doesn’t need to be hot to cause a problem, a few degrees is enough to do it. You are in for a world of hurt when it gets hot.
        What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Working...
        X