Unfortunately yet another balance question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfortunately yet another balance question

Good evening and hello. My name is Nate and I'm a noob. So I purchased a continental kegerator and am having trouble balancing the system. I've read (almost) all the threads and am still stumped. I've got a 1/6 Bbl of Amberbock on tap with all new guts in the system. New 3/16 beer line (5' length coiled on top of the keg) and a taprite 742 regulator set at 8 PSI. The H20 temp is 37 and the beer is pouring at 40 degrees. Problem is that half the glass is foam and if I drop the pressure it doesn't seem to have any effect other than slowing the flow. I've got a cooling tube in the tower plus interior tower insulation and an exterior insulating wrap. The keg was let to sit for a full 24 hours inside the kegerator before taping. I'm at a loss. Two guesses are that my beer lines are too short or the gauge on my regulator is wrong.

Sounds to me like your pressure is too low. Kick it up to 12psi and see how it pours. After you pour a beer, watch the tubing directly above the coupler probe. If you see any small bubbles traveling into the tube out of the coupler, it's a sign you need to increase the applied pressure.

Comment

Are you at sea level? Elevation will make a difference. I’ve always been a fan of slightly over restricting (adding more beer line) and having a 10 second/pint pour (you aren’t doing high volume!) allows for a slightly higher pressure which can combat temperature fluctuations. Also you might want to cool a couple degrees more and make sure there is air circulating in your column standard.

Comment

Being A&B product psi needs to be 12-13 psi @ 38F. pour temp on 2nd pint. 8- to 10' beer line will slow flow this won't stop floaming but helps controlling the pour.

Comment

Working...
        X