Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Berumen
    replied
    i am not familiar with this beer. usually unfiltered beers are the ones that have sediment, if this is one of those, disconnect it and turn it upside down for a while. but if this beer is not normally like this, you should probably return to where you bought it and have it replaced. usually if the keg is still more than half full, the distributor will pick it up for full credit.

Leave a comment:

• whiplash willy
    started a topic Sediment/cloudy Beer Help

Sediment/cloudy Beer Help

On 10/17 I purchased a 1/4bbl keg of Bonyard RPM IPA, which is typically pretty clear. I have had 7 of these kegs in the past and never had an issue with Clarity. I have to transport the keg on its side in my car, which has never been an issue in the past. After putting the keg in my kegerater, I only let it site about 45min before tapping it. Typically I wait about 24 hours. Since I tapped the keg, all of the pints (have had about 10 so far) have been cloudy, like a cloudy IPA, and had a slightly off taste (Sediment like). I am thinking the transport kicked up any sediment that was in the bottom of the keg, typically there is only a little at the end. I think tapping it too soon didn't allow the sediment settle. After 4 days, the cloudyness hasn't cleared up.

Any advice on how I can get the sediment to settle, and clear up the beer? I am currently serving the beer at about 42*F and at 11psi. I have heard that bringing the temp down close to 32*F for 24 hours could help, but I don't know if I should leave it tapped or not when doing that, or if it even matters. I am also afraid of getting it too cold, and/or ruining the keg. It is still drinkable and pretty good, but not how it is supposed to be.

Any advice would be much appreciated!
Working...
X