Major Dispensing Problem....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Dispensing Problem....

I have a home setup. A full size fridge for the Kegs. 9ft of 1/4 inch beverage line to the tower from the fridge to the bar with Perlic tower and Tap.

I have had good success in the past with bought kegs. First pour can be foamy but the second and consecutive pours good. I know I have quite a temp difference from the fridge to the tap. About 9 degrees (even with an air cooled system). But after the first initial pour all is good. (cant really change this due to the setup) Bigger fan in cooling system I guess.

Now the issue....

I had a keg from the liquor store. It poured relatively OK. It was acceptable as above. I then used this keg to put some home brew in.
    I hooked up the keg and carbonated it. 30 PSI for 24 hrs then down to dispensing pressure of 9 PSI. As worked out by a mathematical formula for the length, size of the line.

First pour was perfect but beer was flat. So did another 24 hr carbonation at 30 PSI then for 4 days at 9 PSI. Temp was set to 32 Degrees in the fridge.

Know I just get pints of foam.......... I initially thought temp. So I have reduced the fridge temp to 31 degrees and at the glass it is at 40 degrees. Will this cause that much and continued foaming? Why with just this brew and not the keg before?

Also I have noticed CO2 leaching out of the keg after the pour indicating its not not balanced. But I have to turn the PSI up to Aprox 30 PSI to stop this. This makes it impossible to pour so can not use this solution.

I have de-gassed the beer and re gassed it only using 9PSI for 5 days at 38 degrees. Still foam!

I have noticed the beer line does drain of beer after pouring a beer. What is the cause of this Could this be the issue? The Sankey and tap were dissembled and cleaned prior to putting this home brew on. I have also noticed that the tap drips after a pour...Even when there is no pressure?

I have been trying to trouble shoot all this and have got that confused I don't know where to turn?

Have I messed up the sankey or the tap???? I replaced 'O' rings in both when cleaning them? The Sankey seals look good when inspected I have tightened the faucet collar but no result.

Please HELP!

The home brew is a Mexican Cerveca.

i think that the problem you are having is due to the size line you are using. you should have 3/16th restriction connected to the shank. if the line need to be 9 ft. do 3 ft of 3/16 line and extend with 6 ft of 1/4 in line. set your pressure at about 14 lbs.

Comment

Working...
    X